Friday, April 07, 2006
Brayden's visit with the Doctor
Yesterday we went to his 2 year checkup. The day before my neighbor's little girl hit brayden in the eye with a buckle. It was all red around the pupil and swollen on the outside. I called the doctor's office and the nurse said that the eye usually heals itself pretty fast. Well she was right, right after his nap it looked a lot better. It is still a little red but the doctor checked it out yesterday and said it is fine. Good thing we took those 2 year pics before his birthday. Back to the appointment, Brayden is now 23 lbs. He has gained 3 lbs. since his last appointment at 18 months. He is still in the 3% bracket. I think he will always be a little guy. I was excited to start his potty training but the doctor popped my bubble. He said boys tend to take a longer time than girls. So most girls are potty training at this age and he said I should wait to start Brayden in a year. A YEAR!! Dang... He said if he shows some interest then we should try it but don't expect it to happen. So... I guess my dream of only changing one diaper when the baby comes might not happen. He has his potty chair in his bathroom so maybe it will increase his interest. And don't forget his madgascar underwear. So I guess we will see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm glad his eye is okay! sorry about the potty training news! i guess its another year of diapers, and double diapers after this summer!
Post a Comment