Wednesday, April 16, 2008

More Food & Fun, Aboriginal Village, & Zoo

After visiting the Taipei 101, we walked around the area. It is a little newer and there is shopping departments EVERYWHERE. They love shopping here. From the top of one building we saw a little park with a train and games. So we followed the walkways and let the kids play for a little.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Being Dorks...

Photobucket

Photobucket
this guy was very drunk and he said he was a taiwanese indian. so jo asked to take a picture with him and afterwards jo kept smelling the shoulder where the guy had his arm around and he was so mad that the guy rubbed his B.O. sweat on his shirt.

That night amanda's grandparents took us out for Teppanyaki. It was the best. I think they cooked us up every meat, seafood, vegetable possible. It's not as entertaining as Benihana's. They just cook up the food in front of you without a show but the food is delicious. We've been eating so much here but that was the first time that I actually started to hurt.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Monday we had a tour bus with a tour guide take us up to taichung area and we went to visit sun moon lake. we kept thinking they were saying summer lake but it was actually two lakes before and they named one sun and one moon. then i guess the combined into one lake. our first tour guides name was ni (knee) and he had some bad foaming at the corners of his mouth. very distracting but a very nice man and full of information.

Photobucket

then he took us to an aborginal village. they are considered the natives of taiwan. they had a lot of tribes and you could walk through the different villages. then if you went back to the entrance they had an amusement park. a really good amusement park with absolutely no people. you would walk up and be the only people riding on the rides. kinda weird considering the rides were pretty cool.

Photobucket
this man was carving this amazing statue

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
the guys shooting targets. my dad loved this part of the place

Photobucket


on tuesday the tour guide took us to the zoo right in the middle of taipei. it's huge and of course it would be the hottest day since we've been here.

Photobucket
now he fits in with the rest of the kids. it's a solar fan hat with shades you can push down. he suckered papa into buying it for him.

Photobucket
they were cleaning the macaque area. it smelled so bad there and we couldn't believe this guy was walking through the muck to collect them. macaque's can hold their breath for a really long time. one was swimming away from the guy and you could only see the pink parts of it.

Photobucket
we took this picture for em & trav

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
a couple places we went had these squatters. the first time i used it i realized i sat the wrong direction when i couldn't reach the toilet paper behind me. i think they are cleaner than toilet seats...just tricky.

Photobucket
it was very hot...poor ani








5 comments:

Mer said...

Okay, so I'm looking at your pictures and I have just one questions for you both...where do you get all your energy?! Seriously, I went to Mexico with Kainoa and it wore me out! It's fun traveling with kids, but after two hours of being out I'm ready to call it quits. Wow, I don't know how you do it, but you do. Looks like so much fun, keep it up! Love ya, Mer :o)

Clarke & Lia said...

Hi Dane & Leo,

I am SOOOO jealous! I served my mission there in Taiwan from 93-95 and haven't been able to go back since.

Your pictures are great and they remind me of some great times as a missionary. I actually served there in that ward right at the chapel next to the temple in Taipei. The zoo is great too.

If you guys get a chance, go to Hua Lien on the East side and check out Tai Lu Ge. That place is beautiful!!!

Looks like you guys are having a blast. Eat some "stink Tofu" for me...trust me, you'll smell it from1/2 a mile away.

Clarke

Kea said...

Your captions are so funny! Especially the toilet one. What a fun vacation!

Unknown said...

Hey I got a question, what are the pink parts of the macaque that you could see? Do boys and girls have the same pink parts? Okay that was a two questions, thought provoking though.

Emily Kikuchi said...

We are SO honored that you took a picture of our name! Seriously!!BUT, is that the name of that rat? That's special! :)

Looks like you guys had such an amazing trip! I am so excited for you and the memories that hopefully the kids won't ever forget! And I agree with Mer- you two like you have endless energy-it's awesome!