Tuesday, August 03, 2010

July

Tonight I am going to try and blog our month of July. It was also a busy one. I think summer in general is just busy. I can't believe summer is almost done. It's kinda sad.

Dane and I were in charge of Youth Conference this year. We went up to a beautiful cabin in Altamont, UT. I was pretty stressed on how it would turn out. It turned out pretty good. Went smoother than I thought. I was pleased.

Photobucket

We did a bootcamp theme. We split everyone into platoons and we had different challenges.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Both cabins had their own lake with canoes
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

JULY 4th-- We went to the park in Orem with the families. We played some volleyball, ate, and just relaxed. It was a nice holiday.

Photobucket

someone likes drinky drinky
Photobucket

The Macks-- We drove up and met them at Gateway to eat. It was fun catching up!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ani's Birthday-- I already did her birthday post earlier. We went to dinner with my family and the fa'alafua's on her birthday and did a small party with her friends the next day.

Cafe Rio
Photobucket

Photobucket

the birthday girl and her friend, brynnly boo. ani loved her cake headband.
Photobucket

ani loves sierra and she was nice enough to come and do glitter toes for the girls
Photobucket

Photobucket

she loved all her gifts
Photobucket

Photobucket

we had pizza, cake, and ice cream
Photobucket

then we took them to the splash park
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

ani wanted a party soooo bad. she loved having her friends come over. she talked about it all day. we're glad she had a good birthday.

AF STEEL DAYS-- Every year we do the Steel Days with the Tanaka family.

ani loved the rollercoasters this year
Photobucket

Photobucket

mika liked the carousel. really, she did.
Photobucket

LOGAN-- We went up to Kim's house one day to hang out with everyone. Ginny was visiting from Florida and was staying up there. The kids had a blast playing with everyone. Bray misses Kaimani so much.

Photobucket

Photobucket

One cool thing in the month of July, Bray learned to ride a bike. We bought his bike two years ago and he never liked riding it. Never wanted to try and learn. One day his friends were over riding their bikes and he decided to try it while I was inside the house. When I came back out, he was riding around and had a huge smile on his face. I took off his training wheels and he's been king of the neighborhood ever since. Seriously, he thinks he can go wherever he pleases now. We had to have a talk.

Photobucket

8th Anniversary-- Dane and I made eight years on July 20th. We went to dinner and had tickets to watch Katchafire at Thanksgiving Point. We love Katchafire, but it was a long night. The group prior to them coming out was junk and long-winded. By the time Katchafire came out to perform we only stayed a little while longer. We are getting old.

Eight Years and still happy as ever! I guess I can only speak for myself.
Photobucket

Some friends that were there too
Photobucket

LAS VEGAS-- The day after the concert I drove down with my mom & the girls and also followed my brother and his family. My dad went down the day before and took Brayden with him. Dane couldn't take off so many days so he flew into Vegas Thursday night. We met up with the Tougas Family. It was definitely too HOT. The kids cried every time we got in the car. Besides the heat, we had a wonderful time. It was fun being with family.

Photobucket

it seemed we were constantly playing musical chairs with the strollers
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We said goodbye on Saturday as they made the drive back to Cali. My parents (along with my brother and his family) took the two oldest and stayed another night in St. George while Dane & I drove back to AF.

Photobucket

FHE to meet Ka'i's girlfriend...

Photobucket

Dustin gave a great lesson on the armor of god
Photobucket

Photobucket

If you are still reading this, I'm surprised. You are probably wondering if I am almost done with the month and the answer is... not quite. sorry. If you missed this part, it's because you are just skimming the pictures like I probably would. I really do print these up as family journals so I try to jot everything down...

Jo's Birthday-- We have a lot of July birthdays. Here are pictures from Jo's 27th, I think.

Photobucket

Photobucket

this girl loves to eat
Photobucket

After Jo's dinner we met up at the park to open Alihi's mission call. I wanted to post the video but it is kind of long. It's funny because you can hear everyone yelling at him for reading down and seeing where he was going before he read it aloud. Then he got emotional and everyone starts to cry. Then you hear his sister and mom gasp when they hear he leaves in a month and not november like they had planned. Our family just loves Alihi and he is going to be an AMAZING missionary to the people of Bolivia. We are soooo excited for him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

the boyfriends
Photobucket

miss mika and papa's hat
Photobucket

the boys
Photobucket

the girls
Photobucket

the parents
Photobucket

almost done... this girl loves the camera. i have found pictures on our camera she has taken too.
Photobucket

mika chan. our goof. she makes us laugh. she loves to put on pants, undies, shirts... lately she puts the kids underwear over her clothes.
Photobucket

ok, July is Done & Done...

No comments: