Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Baby #4 is??

After we checked Bray out of school, the conversation in the car went like this.

Ani: It's a girl, Bray
Bray: It's a boy!
Ani: I know it's a girl
Bray: If it is... I'll be devastated

Dane was running a little late to the ultrasound so the tech started measuring parts of the baby. When she measured the femur, I had a perfect view and figured out what it was already.

Dane walks in a couple minutes later and she works her way back to look. After she takes the picture, she clicks a button and it flashes, IT'S A GIRL! Yes, we are having another GIRL!! Bray instantly puts his head in his hands and just starts to cry. LOUDLY. The tech felt so bad. We felt bad too. We just didn't know how to console him. He was quite devastated.

I loved the tech today. She talked the whole time she did measurements and pictures. She let us know what she was checking for such as down syndrome, spina bifida, cleft lip, and making sure all body parts were present. She just kept saying baby looks perfectly healthy. We are are so happy. She also said my due date shows a week later, but they will just leave my due date the same since I tend to have small babies anyways.

Bray has been in a bad mood all day. Dane and him are out right now having a boys night. Ani was left home crying about how she wanted to go too. We just can't make everyone happy in this house.

So... another girl will be making her arrival in February! It's always a relief when everything shows a healthy baby.

6 comments:

Erica said...

Congrats Leo! That is exciting! Poor, Bray :)

The Melville's said...

Congratulations Leo! My boys cried for days when we found out Lindsey was a girl. Hopefully he'll make it through!

Jeffrey, Meri, and Thomas said...

Yay, another girl...Congratulations!!!

chingchong7 said...

Oooh congrats on another girl!!

Laura said...

yea congrats LEO, I'm so excited, I'll call you in Dec and come say hi. love ya

Kea said...

Holy macro moly! Slow down the baby making machine :) I can't believe you're on #4 already! Congratulations...and my condolences to bray :/