One of the owner's of the company that Dane works is good friends with Governor Herbert, the Governor of Utah. They donated money to his campaign and so the company had two tables for the Gala. I borrowed a dress from Jess for the night and we attended the Gala at the Salt Palace. They had about 146 tables and around 1500 people attend. There were so many people there. I read online that he raised 1.5 million at his event. We had some great tables. Right in the front and center. I was able to meet some of his co-workers I have not met yet and met wives I never met. Since it was veterans day they honored the veterans of Utah. We had dinner and then they had a presentation of everything Utah. The Master of Ceremony and all the singers were people that have done well in their industry and are from Utah. One funny thing of the night was when they were performing footloose and a bunch of people congregated right in front of me. Dane and I were making comments like, "seriously...what the heck" and one time one of the girls turned around, I told her to move. Come to find out, they were doing a type of flash mob. Ha ha. She was one of the guests but part of the show. We felt silly after. It was nice to get out for a night. We caught a ride with Dane's coworker and it was nice to have some adult conversation!

I think this guys name was Justin. He owns that nice place in Idaho where dane and the owners of the company went for a retreat earlier this year.



we drove up with the couple on the left

triton stood when they honored the veterans

governor herbert when he came by the table
4 comments:
Leo, you look hot!
I always love an excuse to get all dressed up and to mingle with adults :). Sometimes you just wanna feel pretty. Sounds like an eventful night.
So fun and you LOOKED AMAZING!!!!!
sounds like fun! it's great to get dressed up once in awhile...i don't think I've even gotten formally dressed up since like homecoming at BYU...ahahaha
Post a Comment