Wednesday, December 14, 2011

2011

I can't believe how quickly this year is coming to an end. It is weird to think a year ago we were a family of five. Now we are a family of six. Time seems to go by faster and faster with each kid. I swear. I went with a bunch of friends to tour this incredible house last night. The owner is the mother of our neighbor. It was an amazing home. We watched The Help in their massive theatre room. Now THAT is the way to watch a movie. Plush leather recliners. So fun. I came home last night and snuggled with my kids. I loved kissing their clean, sleeping faces. They are so much cuter when they sleep. I love my life. I love my kids so much. I've decided to do a year-end kid update.

Brayden-
Photobucket

I canNOT believe this kid will be baptized next year. I know I am too hard on him sometimes because he is the oldest and I expect so much more from him, but he is the best seven-year-old around. He's smart, funny, outgoing, athletic, adventurous, and pretty much everything I am not. He is also very sensitive and caring.

Thirty minutes before school was done today, I got a phone call from the school nurse that bray had ran into someone and was bleeding. He had a cut on the corner of his eye and would probably need stitches. My wonderful neighbor turned around from Costco and drove to pick him up for me. She even offered to take him to the doctors. I have the best neighbors. I called our doctor's office and she said to put pressure on it and if it stopped bleeding I could probably just super glue the wound shut. The bleeding stopped, so I super glued it. I did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself. Dane and I got a sitter so we could get some christmas shopping done and while we were gone, Ani threw the "pumped up too much", rock-solid volleyball at his eye. I think it opened up the wound a little and now it is puffy, black, and blue. Life is so crazy with kids, I swear.

The thing I love best about Bray is that he always tries so hard at everything he does. I hope it's something that never changes.

Miss Tiani-
Photobucket

I use to say Ani was going to give me a run for my money. Meaning...she was going to make me work hard at being her mother. She would probably always do the opposite of what I tell her. She has grown and matured so much in the last year. She tells me all the time that I am her best friend and I always tell her to never forget that. I want us to always stay this close. We are so alike in so many ways, it is scary. She is so shy, but once you get her to open up, she is so funny. I call her giggles because she is constantly laughing with her brother. She has taken on the role of oldest sister and is so helpful to me. We rarely see her temper anymore but every once in awhile it comes through. She doesn't throw things at the wall anymore but she can still yell as loud as ever! She loves to learn, read, and draw. I wonder if she will become my artist.

Mika Chan-
Photobucket
I love that picture of her smiling. Even though Bray is doing that smile with his teeth on his bottom lip. Mika usually hates pictures and so this picture is a rare treat. Mika can still frustrate me to no end. She is at that age of being a very determined little girl. She can rarely be bribed. She does everything herself which means more work for me. For example...

Photobucket

I came home from volleyball one night and was walking to my room when I noticed toilet paper on the floor in the bathroom. Since I had cleaned the bathroom right before leaving, I was starting to curse those kids! I turned on the light to find poop smeared on the door, toilet, and all over the toilet paper on the floor. I noticed a poopy panty and walked to Mika's room. I turned on her light to find poop caked on her legs, hands, and sheets. I even found some on the door knob. Notice all that toilet paper on those pillows by her head? That has poop on them too. My guess is that daddy fell asleep before little chan chan and she decided to try and make it to the toilet herself. When she failed, she cleaned it up as best as she could and went back to bed. I have SO many stories of her trying to do things herself and the end result is about the same. A big stinky mess for me to clean up. Good thing she gives to best hugs and kisses.

i always joke with people that this child has made me want to learn the wrestling sleep move. Where you pinch a place on their neck and they knock out. It would make my life so much easier if I knew how to do that move. I can just imagine how wonderful it would be putting her in the carseat. She loves to run away and be chased. She thinks it's hilarious. Although she is naughty at times, she is always very quick to tell me she loves me. She's quickly learned that is the fastest way to get on my good side.

Baby Lele-
Photobucket

She wants to walk so bad. I think I need to do strengthening exercises on her legs. They are too skinny to hold up her, I think. She reminds me so much of Bray in looks and personality. She is getting her third tooth and she loves to bite. In a couple more days, she will be 10 months. She has totally stopped eating her solids. She hates it. She loves the bottle and I have given in to it more and more. She does not like to cuddle. She loves to smile, growl, and laugh. She loves to pinch my collarbone when she is eating. It hurts. She is easily startled and has everyone in this family wrapped around her little finger. Love that little girl.

This picture is from the day we got back from Washington. All of them sick, but so happy to be out of the car.
Photobucket

Mommy and baby from her 9 month appointment. Little runt, but a happy one.
Photobucket

Ani is definitely the poser in the family
Photobucket

Breakfast at magleby's
Photobucket

magleby's
Photobucket

1 comment:

Naomi Pane'e said...

I can just imagine when Mika is older and she sees the picture of her with all that toilet paper! Ha-ha! Cute cute grandkids! Love them to pieces!