Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Happy New Year!

Baby woke up a couple hours after we fell asleep and so we didn't actually get out of bed until 10 a.m. I'm not sure what the other kids were doing, but Thank you family for making sure they were safe while their lazy parents slept the morning away.

We had to get going as soon as we got up.  We wanted to do some errands before grandma's but ended up having to go directly there.  It was pouring in the morning.  The girls got to use their rain coats.  Mika felt left out. I might have to go buy her one.

Photobucket

The aunty's and uncle's were hard at work making the chicken long rice and lomi salmon.  Grandma was in the kitchen making desserts.  She had me help her make the cocoa puffs.

Photobucket


When it was time to eat, we realized we didn't make the rice. Uncle Sean ran to a restaurant to buy a tray.  The food was so good. SO GOOD. I love hawaiian food. See how happy I am?!
Photobucket

The girls loved Uncle Scott. I think they thought he was their papa.
Photobucket

The late night had the kids very emotional that day.  Ani threw a tantrum.
Photobucket

Everyone was commenting on a photo my brother posted on facebook about me liking the edges.  I only ate one corner so it looks like I'm not the only one in this family.
Photobucket

The break went by so fast. It's been raining a lot.  We didn't get to the beach again but we did go bowling today.  Aunty Tiffy and Uncle Mike seriously spoil the kids.  They are the best.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kiele loved the popsicle
Photobucket

Lets hope this year brings some calming changes to this one!
Photobucket

I went to read what I wrote at the end of last year. I wrote that I felt something big was going to happen in 2012 and something big did.  We moved our family across the ocean. I definitely didn't expect that.  Although, the change has been hard, I am just grateful that we are all healthy, happy, and adapting/growing.  As of Jan. 1st, the kids have insurance again. Yay!  I'm not sure what 2013 has in store for us but I'm sure it's going to be great.  We know we are suppose to be here and look forward to what lies ahead.  I am still trying to get our christmas cards out, which are now New Year's cards or maybe Chinese New Year's.  I hope to still continue to blog this year.  It definitely feels like it is getting harder to keep up!


2 comments:

Naomi Pane'e said...

So cute! Did you cut Kiele's hair? Don't change Kiele, love you just the way you are! We'll need to get Mika a raincoat, she looks sad!

Corie Poliahu said...

Looks like Mika has a Sees bag, I'd take sees over a rain coat any day!