Saturday, May 18, 2013

33rd Birthday & 9th year of Motherhood

I woke to breakfast in bed.  I think it was one of the best they have ever made.  It was so delicious!

 photo IMG_5820_zpseea38f4c.jpg

We went to tutu & me and on the way, Dane gave me a letter.  It had four pages about how awesome I am.  No, seriously, it was such a sweet letter.  It made me laugh and cry.  I loved it.  At the end he had a schedule of events that he planned out. Parts of it made me laugh.  I liked how he emphasized how we would not be increasing the size of our family.

 photo IMG_5821_zpsc6ffbb45.jpg

We met up with the family at Gyotaku.  I love that place.  Thanks Mom and Dad Ing for lunch.

Waiting to be seated.  Mika loved telling "happy birthday, mommy".  She was just as excited that it was my birthday.
 photo IMG_5823_zpsc85bf389.jpg

 photo IMG_5830_zps5f758993.jpg

 photo IMG_5831_zps6657cbb5.jpg

 photo IMG_5836_zps1c686b43.jpg

 photo IMG_5832_zps2fd1a35f.jpg

Following lunch, Dane planned surf lessons.  I went a couple times before we got married.  It's been over ten years since those lessons and since we take the kids all the time, I've been wanting to try again.  It was the best! I loved it.  Here is a a picture of us on our way.  I didn't take my camera out of the car.

 photo IMG_5837_zps025364bd.jpg

When we got home, we thought we would spend time with the family but Uncle Mike had taken the kids to the park and dinner.  So we left to go to on our date.  I love Nabe.  LOVE.  I am always asking Dane to take me.  He found a place closer to our house and it was really good. It's heaven.

A tenant was walking by as we were going to the car. He took a picture of us.  Manoa valley in the background.
 photo IMG_5839_zps9156728b.jpg

I love my kids. It really is nice to have adult time with just Dane and I.
 photo IMG_5840_zpscc9361a0.jpg

We tried two different types and I liked the asuka one better.  Delicious!
 photo IMG_5845_zps5959a18f.jpg

 photo IMG_5850_zpsc8d89378.jpg

For dessert, we went to a patisserie at Ala Moana.  I got a yummy strawberry shortcake.  Then we went home to open gifts with the kids.  It was such a fun day.  Thanks, Dane for planning everything. You did good!

Mika had a birthday party at a friends. It was a Doc Mcstuffin's party.  So fun.

 photo IMG_5851_zpsc9542920.jpg

I didn't get a picture of our toes, but Amber came by to treat me to a pedicure.  I got a cool blue. My toes were in need of some TLC.  Kids jumped into the pool.

 photo IMG_5852_zpsa36fb296.jpg

We took the kids to ride bikes at magic island and then watch the fireworks. It's one of their favorite things to do.

Bray had an early game the next morning.  We had to leave the house at 7 am.  Uncle Ka'u and Aunty Gemma came to support. It was a close game, but they pulled out the win.

 photo IMG_5858_zps86955f51.jpg

 photo IMG_5860_zps505114ca.jpg

Their team sponser, Sylvia Luke, came to the game
 photo IMG_5857_zps7a326f1e.jpg

Mother's Day I got chocolate macadamia nut pancakes.  Dane has become quite the cook. Church was great.  The primary sang, Mother Tell me the story, and I sang with a couple other mothers the mom part.  It's one of my favorite songs.  Dane made the best dinner for everyone.  Haupia cake for dinner. It was a good day.  Sometimes it is great having your birthday and mother's day so close. It feels like a week long celebration.  My kids make me so happy.  I look at them and wonder how in the world I got so lucky.

 photo IMG_5895_zpsc84d8b38.jpg

The next day I took my grandma to lunch.  It was so good to spend time with her.  It's been too long since we had a visit.

 photo IMG_5902_zps3bdb155d.jpg


1 comment:

sanaejames photography said...

what a keeper that Dane. and he has nice handwriting, too! hahahaha....glad you had a great bday, mother's day, and family time!