Jess and I left for New York on Thursday, the 20th. It was really nice of Keith to let Jess leave on his birthday. The guy that ended up sitting next to Jess was my little brother's best friend in Junior High. What a small world! We caught a taxi into Manhattan with Mason to share the cost. Melissa was up waiting for us.
On friday we played tourists. Jess was my tour guide, showing me all the ropes with catching the subway. I would have to say that my first reaction to the New Yorkers was a little bit of a paranioa that they were going to try and mug me. However, by the end of the trip, I felt New York was as safe a city as any.
We caught the subway into Times Square. Got to see where TRL was taped at the MTV building. Saw all the billboards of half naked women. Okay, I didn't see that many. We went to Sephora and also the HUGE Toy's R us store. We had some yummy thai food for lunch. Afterwards, we headed down to do some major shopping at H&M. We even went down to Chinatown. We didn't stay that long because we wanted to try the lottery for Wicked. There were so many people standing in line. We put our names into the lottery and waited. Dane was just arriving at his hotel in manhattan. Only ten names were called and by some miracle, my name was called. So we only paid 25$ for second row seats. There were times where people were standing in our way, but for the most part, it was so dang good. I could have seen that show every single night we were there. My favorite was elphaeba. She has an amazing voice. During wicked, meliss went to get dane at his hotel. We were afraid he would get lost. They met us after the show and we tried to get into serendipity. The line was too long so we went to another dessert place. It had been a long day for Jess and I, plus dane had a really big day the following day, so we all caught taxi's back home.
We slept in till ten on Saturday. We were definitely on vacation! We pampered ourselves that morning with pedicures and manicures. An interesting guy came in to share his word of god. That was fun. We had some delicious Indian food.
Sunday morning we went to a cute little place called Sarabeth's for breakfast. The wait was pretty long and we were all pretty annoyed by all the people pushing us around but breakfast was yummy and made up for it. The weather was coldest that day. We caught a lot of taxi's. We caught a taxi through central park and went to see a show called, "The light in the piazza." I had heard some good things about it. It wasn't as good as wicked. Maybe I should have seen that one first and I wouldn't have been as disappointed. Oh well! We at least got to see the New York temple with it's new Moroni. We didn't go in but took some pictures from the outside.
Monday, sadly, was our last day there. We woke and spent more time getting ready. We dressed up a little more than we had the last couple days. We went down to Chinatown where I did some major damage. I bought a lot of good gifts so it was all good. Jess and I did some bargaining. One time we followed a guy into a building and up an elevator before we started to think that wasn't the best idea. It ended up being alright and I bought two watches from them. We had bought so much stuff that we had to drop all our purchases off at Melissa's apartment before meeting her at bloomindales. We actually had time to shop at another H&M and Jess got some cute shoes at Aldo before going to Bloomindales. They had small scheduled performances of some broadway shows. They had food samples and drinks. But we just had water. We spent so much time trying on jeans after jeans that we missed all the performances. In the end, we both found a pair we really liked. Our husbands were going to kill us when we got home!
No comments:
Post a Comment