
I competed in my Moab Half this past weekend. I think it is so cute when I do my little races and my kids always tell me, "I hope you win, mommy" and I just smile. My mom came to watch the kids so I could leave while Dane was at work. I went down with my friends from the neighborhood. There were seven of us. We left early to pick up our packets and beat the traffic. We heard there were over six thousand people running the race. Besides my brother, Dustin, Yami, and Aaron, we also knew of women from our area running the race too. That night we had dinner at Pasta Jay's. It was sooo good. I had to restrain myself from eating the whole dish. If you ever go get the Tortellone Alfredo. Delicious! Everywhere in Moab was so busy busy.
The morning of the race we woke up and packed our things. Bus pick-up was from 7:30- 8:15 am. We were staying in green river and headed to Moab around seven fifteen am. About forty minutes after we left, we realized we missed the exit to Moab and were heading towards Colorado. We had to flip a u-turn on those unauthorized roads and speed back. By the time we turned around it was already around eight. I seriously thought we weren't going to make it in time. Nancy drove like a demon and as soon as we parked we were running towards the last bus asking the police man to radio them to stop. It ended up being a bus of volunteers and the last bus to the start line. We almost didn't race. We barely made it. I would have been so sad.

The beginning of the race was FREEZING cold. We started off by my brother guys. I'm pretty sure the race started on time. My last couple of long runs my knee started to bother me towards the end. I hoped it would hold off until mile 10, but with the downhill at the beginning, my knee started to hurt around mile four. Luckily, my brace kept it from being too bothersome. I felt great and kept my pace despite my knee! I warmed up pretty quick too. The scenery was so pretty. The Taiko drums were great. There was even a guy handing out vodka and beer. Around the eighth mile mark, my knee got progressively worse. At mile ten and a half my knee hurt so bad I slowed down a lot. Although I was proud I never stopped. I knew if I did my knee would give out and I would hobble into the finish line. I kept trudging along and finished just under my goal. It felt great to finish.

Dorie and Amber did the five mile run and cheered the rest of us on as we crossed the finish. I also saw Ashley A. as I ran in. It was so good to see them. It was fun to cheer on Dust, Aaron, and my brother. It was perfect being there with everyone.

I was definitely disappointed a little with my time. I knew I slowed down drastically towards the end. If only...
I have plans to run the Provo half with Miss Rosie. I am excited to try and beat my time. I'm hoping to take it easy this week and this time around incorporate strength and cross training into my schedule. Hopefully strengthen my knee. This race stuff is addicting...

Walking a little with my brother towards the finish. He was hurtin' but still finished. good job brotha!


The girls. Ginny rocked this race and finished in 1:35. Everyone did amazing. It was so fun.

After the race my crazy friends and I hiked to delicate arch. It felt good to work out the muscles but the downhill walking on the way back wasn't so good on a sore knee. Really worth it though. Delicate arch is still so pretty. It's been years since I've done the hike.
saw ash and her boyfriend on the way up

erin left to go back with her sister so we were down to six




It was great to come home and see my family. I missed the little munchkins.
7 comments:
Way to go Leo! i am so impressed hopefully I can get one under my belt. Good Luck in May too!
Woo-hoo! You are the best! I am so excited for May!
Good Job!!! Very impressed especially with a hurt knee!! Way to keep going and not stopping!
YAY! Congrats! Bummer about your knee though! Looks like fun and I bet it was nice to see pretty scenery while you ran:)
what an accomplishment! that is so cool.
Way to go Leo! I miss the desert, the pics are beautiful! See you soon.
wow, great job, that is so awesome! I somehow thought I wasn't invited to your blog but I guess I am. :D and you look beautiful even after 3 kids shesh!
Post a Comment