Sunday, February 20, 2011

She has a name!

We came home on Saturday. I'm always anxious to come home from the hospital by the second day. That morning we were still deciding her name. What's new? Seems like we are always deciding the last day. I think we had the hardest time with her name. Names we liked didn't seem to work with her. That morning we were waiting for the Hawaiian name from my uncle to see what we might call her. The first Hawaiian name he gave was beautiful but also very close to Ani's Hawaiian name. We didn't know if we could handle another Ani. Love that girl, but seriously she is one of a kind. So it was time to leave and no email from my uncle so we decided to use a Hawaiian first name we liked in the past. Kiele, it means gardenia. Then we wrote the only Hawaiian name we had and the Japanese name Dane liked the best. As the nurse was getting my wheelchair to wheel me out I received a text from my uncle. We read over the name and the meaning and decided to change it.

Her name is...

Kiele Ke'alohi'ulaokawelo Kaede Ing

We will either be calling her Kiele or 'alohi. Trying both out to see what we like best.

Kiele means gardenia and Ani was almost named that.

Ke'alohi'ulaokawelo means the brilliance of the red glow of sunset. 'alohi means bright, brilliant, or to shine. It is a sign of intelligence. Dane loved that meaning. Ula is the color red and is a sacred color and even reserved for royalty. It is also my favorite color. Welo means the glow at the setting of the sun. My uncle said the reason he chose that for the last part is because of the significance in seeing the future. The navigators on the canoe could predict the coming weather with what they saw at sunrise and sunset. In Mathew 16:2-3 Jesus says : He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. And in the morning, It will be foul weather today: for the sky is red and lowring. . . So we are delighted when we see the red glow of the sunset.

Kaede means maple leaf in Japanese. Dane just liked the name Kaede and didn't care if it had a cool meaning or not. I wasn't too opinionated either. I think cause I just wanted to come home.

I like writing all the meanings down since I can come back and look at it when I forget.

Anyways, we are home. Kids love having her home. She doesn't seem fond of sleeping. She loves being held and she loves to eat ALL the time. Everyday she reminds me of one of the kids. Yesterday I thought she looked like Bray. Today it's Ani. At the beginning they seem to constantly change. We are having so much fun with her.

Our family picture at the hospital
Photobucket

Some pictures of her while I was typing this
Photobucket

Photobucket

She looks just like all our other babies

2 comments:

sanaejames photography said...

what a beautiful name! congrats guys!

Kea said...

I swear you just had Mika yesterday! congratulations. I enjoyed teh story of her name! It's pretty. I vote to call her Kaede!