Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ani's Disneyland Trip

Ani has been dreaming about Disneyland for many months now. We promised her during soccer season that we would take her but with being pregnant and now the new baby, it looked like it might not happen for awhile. Well, one day I found our companion ticket and realized it was expiring at the end of this month. I decided if Dane was cool with it, I was going to finally take her.

On Thursday night, Dane dropped us off at the airport.
Photobucket

I let her choose a treat in the gift shop even though we had a bag of treats in her bag.
Photobucket

We flew into SNA aiport where my cousin, Kevin, picked us up. We let the kids play a little before heading to bed. The next day Kevin, Kayla, Ani, and I got ready for our day at Disneyland. Ani had the BIGGEST smile on her face all morning.

Photobucket

Our first ride was the peter pan ride. Next, we decided to get the princesses done with and it was probably the longest line of the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The lines weren't too bad that day. We were lucky. Ani loved having Kayla with her at Disneyland.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We measured Ani at home (twice!) and thought for sure she was at least 40 inches. Kevin suggested we ride the Pirates of the Caribbean ride because there is a slight drop at the beginning. We wanted to see if she would like the bigger rollercoasters. She thought it was so fun and we headed over to the Matterhorn. She LOVED it. It was her favorite ride. We went to Thunder Mountain next and Ani was about 1/2 an inch too short. She was so sad. We tried Space Mountain too and no luck. They wouldn't let her on. She enjoyed the other rides but nothing compared to Matterhorn.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ani didn't LOVE standing in line to see the characters. She's too impatient. She wanted to ride the rides. They even got out of line to see Tangled since there was an hour and a half wait and she loves the movie tangled. After we saw Mickey, she said she was done seeing characters.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finding Nemo ride
Photobucket

She loved driving... She kept telling me how great a driver she is.
Photobucket

Waiting for Kevin to bring lunch
Photobucket


We had fun being silly together
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were there pretty much when it opened around 9 am and we stayed until almost midnight. The fireworks show was fantastic. It was almost canceled because of wind, but I am so glad they didn't. We saw Steve Wonder a couple of times. Our only celebrity siting. We enjoyed Churro's and Cotton Candy. We ended the night with her favorite ride, the Matterhorn. I let her choose one toy and she chose a Tangled Doll. The doll constantly has some nappy hair! She loves it though. Both girls fell asleep pretty quickly on the ride home.

She was toast!
Photobucket

We slept in a little on Saturday morning. Since we were so tired the night before, we left without buying the other kids a gift. We first went to the mall to check out the Disney Store but ended up leaving to go back to Downtown Disney. Before we left the mall, we let the girls ride on the carousel.

Photobucket

Their stuff is definitely overpriced but we couldn't come home without gifts from Disneyland. We needed to make up for leaving them behind.
Photobucket

We had some yummy saimin for lunch. We were starving and it was so busy. The wait was long but worth it.
Photobucket

We went to Balboa and walked the pier, watching everyone fish.
Photobucket

Waited in line at this bakery. I brought back some goodies from here for my family. When we got together for Sunday dinner we ate everything! It was sooo good.
Photobucket

For dessert we went to Pinkberry. It was my first time. I was in love with the coconut yogurt. So yummy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We were pretty tired that night and headed home after dessert. We let the girls watch a movie and the adults got to relax.

Photobucket

Our flight home was on Sunday morning. On the flight, Ani kept asking if we could go back to visit. I sure hope so! Thank you Tam and Kevin for everything. It was such a fun trip!

We came home to this...

Photobucket

I think we were missed. Dane said the baby did great. She slept 12-13 hours every night in her crib. I was hoping she gave him a little of a hard time so he would think I am pretty amazing. Guess not.

Gave the kids their gifts. Bray loved the star wars toy.
Photobucket

Mika with her gifts
Photobucket

she loved her tinkerbell tank
Photobucket

Kiele seems to like her minnie mouse toy
Photobucket

That night we had dinner with my family. It was when we devoured all the yummy treats I stood in line for and the kids got a ride from papa.
Photobucket

Even though I missed the other munchkins, it was so great to spend time with just Ani. I loved seeing her finally get to enjoy Disneyland.

4 comments:

Corie Poliahu said...

I told Todd I don't want to do any plane rides with babies. That could be like the next 5 or 6 years and part of me felt bad that Belle would have to wait that long but after seeing your post I think it would be great daddy/daughter time! : )

Corie Poliahu said...

Oh, Belle has a Tangled doll too, I swear it came with tangled hair! I'm tempted to cut it!

Amanda said...

Correction: We devoured MOST of the yummy treats that night. Gigantic pregnant Amanda polished off the rest of the buns the next day. Haha :) Thank you so much!! And your trip looked so great. I'm so glad Ani had fun!!!

chingchong7 said...

What a fun trip!! You are like the coolest mom ever! ;)