Monday, January 23, 2012

Dane's Birthday

We've had many things come and go this month and I have fallen behind on my blogging. Since today is Chinese New Years...I am starting fresh.

Dane's Birthday was on the 12th. We tried to make it as special as possible. It was a very busy week for him. The night before his birthday was a Wednesday and we went out to eat at Goodwood up in Sandy. We were actually going to head up to Fashion Place and check out The Cheesecake Factory but Dane got confused and went to Southtowne Mall instead. It was still a great dinner and their brownie sundae is DELICIOUS! Everyone enjoyed it.

Photobucket

Thursday Morning (Dane's birthday) I woke up to make him breakfast. We made him some chocolate and strawberry crepes. Gotta love the paper plate. Ha ha. I told the kids we should put it on a nice plate and they said Daddy wouldn't want us to dirty a dish. Oh my, I have either raised some too-smart for their own good kids or some really lazy ones!

Photobucket

Dane had a long busy day at work and had an hour with us before heading off to do visits for two hours. When he came home for that hour we had dinner waiting. He requested steak. Then while he was gone, the girls helped me make him a chocolate cake. He had originally said earlier that week he wanted a Baskin Robbins cake and I told him he needed to pick one up himself on the way home. Not driving totally sucks. He was in a rush and forgot to grab one. Anyways, we found stuff to make him something and the girls helped me while he was out visiting. When he came home we sang him happy birthday and ate some cake & ice cream.

Photobucket
My helper

Photobucket
They sure do love their daddy!

On Friday, he wanted to play volleyball that he recently found out occurs on a weekly basis. The Wunder's came over to hang and Dane went with Kelii to play. We made rice krispie treats, played kinect, and watched Beauty and the Beast. The movie definitely did "wunders" to calm everyone down. I know, I'm cheesy.

Photobucket

On Saturday we went out with my parents to lunch for Dane's Birthday. They had a gift card to McGrath's and we went there. Dane loved it. I think I know why. Dane loves his ice cream cakes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He also finally found some new church shoes. FINALLY! I've been giving him a hard time about still wearing the same church shoes from when we were dating 11 years ago. They needed to be retired! He loves his new ones. Says it is the most comfortable church shoes he's every had. I'm so glad. After lunch we rushed back because Dane had a leadership meeting and then him and I went to the adult stake conference session that evening. Elder Richard G. Scott spoke and it was very special. He is an amazing man of faith and I loved just being in his presence. It is something I will always remember. The next morning we woke up early to go to stake conference and when we arrived, we found out that Elder Scott wasn't feeling well and wouldn't be coming. Elder Monday (or is it Munday?) did a fantastic job. He was witty and charming. He speaks so smoothly and had the best stories. It was such an uplifting weekend!

It was such a busy week for Dane but we hope he had a great birthday. I have a memory of talking to Bray one night and my smart little boy figured out on his own why daddy works so very hard. He knew that Dane does it all for us. We love him so very much!

No comments: