Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Birthday and Mother's Day

My favorite color is red. My favorite shows to watch are bones, deadliest catch, and america's best dance crew.  Although, I haven't been watching ABDC this season as much.  I still love any dessert with strawberries and I LOVE creme brûlée.  I'm a night owl. I've been doing insanity for 16 weeks now and my body looks nothing like those girls on the show. I guess you are what you eat!

That was my birthday post!

I loved my birthday this year. I felt so loved and special.  It was a great day.  Dane and the kids made me 'healthy' french toast, oranges arranged in the shape of a flower, sugar free hot chocolate, and a whole wheat egg white burrito! Dane is always supporting me trying to eat healthy but that day I wanted lots of sugar and fat! He's cute though.

Photobucket

My friend, Jamie, watched Mika and Kiele while Dane and I took Ani up to Primary Children's to get one last check-up on her finger. The last time we saw the x-rays her bone wasn't healing.  That morning we received the best news that everything has healed perfectly. He said she is lucky. He had a kid's finger heal at an angle. Our doctor did a great job sewing her up.  We are so grateful that everything with that healed so nicely.  We went to lunch at Zupa's before coming back to get the girls.

Photobucket

I love getting a chocolate covered strawberry at the end of my meals!
Photobucket

When I got home, I received a box of more chocolate covered strawberries.  I'm so glad my family in Hawaii knows how much I love them and look forward to receiving them. Thank you!
Photobucket

That night for dinner my dad came to watch the kids while Dane and I went up to city creek.  Thanks, Dad! It was so nice to just walk around. I tried a few things on but didn't buy anything.  It was such a nice night.  We had dinner at Cheesecake Factory where we ran into someone we knew and haven't seen in awhile.

Photobucket

Dinner was great.  The Calamari was soooo yummy.  We didn't get dessert since I knew I had strawberries waiting for me at home.
Photobucket

It was such a wonderful night with my hubby. We talked about where we were ten years ago.  We were engaged and dealing with all that wedding crap.  I would never want to do all that again.  Thank you everyone for the calls, gifts, texts, and Facebook messages.  It really made me feel so blessed to be alive and surrounded by wonderful family and friends.  It was seriously the best day!

I kind of get a "Leo" week with my birthday and Mother's Day always falling in the same week.  Thursday night, I went out for my birthday to Sushi with friends.  Friday, my parents treated us to Thai food for my birthday.  Sunday, I woke up to breakfast in bed again! I decided to come downstairs and eat breakfast with everyone.
Photobucket

Ani was proud to help daddy cook breakfast
Photobucket

Mika was excited for some donuts
Photobucket

I got flowers from Dane, my favorite treats, and a card
Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids were so excited to give me my presents they made at school.  Bray made me this funny book about me. He likes when I curl my hair. He said my favorite food is healthy stuff. Where does my family get these ideas?  He also said I am happiest when I go to the mall! What?! He also said he loves me because I love BYU.  I think he confuses me with someone else!

Photobucket

Ani made me cards and two flower pots.  One from her regular school and one from her enhancement class.  Some funny things she wrote on her card were that I look the prettiest with makeup, She loves that I let her go shopping, My job is to clean, and If I could go anywhere, I would go to Mcdonald's. Ha ha. It was cute that she said she was my best friend.
Photobucket

My kids have their moments, believe me! Today I wanted to strangle Mika's neck and I kept telling her to just give me space.  Since she is only three, she kept giving me confused looks.  It was one of those days where you have to count to ten before you do something you regret.  So, YES, they can drive me insane but I love them so much.  I hope they know how much I do. I hope my good outweighs my not so great moments.  I am a mommy to four amazing children.  I just love them so very much!

No comments: