Thursday, July 04, 2013

Utah Trip 6.2013

I'll just start off by saying that this was the CRAZIEST trip.  I don't know how we managed to squeeze in as much as we did.  Or how the kids allowed us to stay out as late as we did or be as busy as we were and not be crazy kids.  It was still fun but so exhausting.

We arrived in Utah on Thursday, June 30th at 6:45 in the morning.  My mom came to pick us up.  The kids said they were hungry so we headed straight to kneaders for some breakfast.  I love kneaders.

 photo IMG_6795_zps40a6bded.jpg

Then we headed to my friend's house.  We brought lei's for her daughter's graduation.  We also brought one for another lady in our ward that had a daughter graduating.  Bray was SO antsy since we told him we would go to his school towards the end and say hello to his teacher and friends.  It was their last day of school and they got out at 9:30.  It was so cute to see both their classes so excited to see them.  They asked them how they liked Hawaii and even had things to give them.  We brought chocolate covered macadamia nuts to share with their classes.

Mrs. Welcker
 photo IMG_6800_zps608752f3.jpg

Ani is so shy.  They kids were all hugging her and she just stood their like a dead fish.

 photo IMG_6805_zps3b705d40.jpg

We went to Ani's BFF's class too
 photo IMG_6030_zps1f204267.jpg

Bray really misses his friends
 photo IMG_6806_zpsb3c45372.jpg

 photo IMG_6810_zps9395e1d4.jpg

We planned on going straight to springville to rest for a little but the kids were begging to go to the neighborhood end of the year party at the park.  I couldn't deny their cute pouty faces so we let them stay for it.  They have a slip and slide and bunch of moms make scones for all the kids. It's a lot of fun.

Cute Mik's with her favorite, paityn
 photo IMG_6037_zps464efc80.jpg

The kids kept saying they were  freezing when we arrived (it was in the 60's)  and so I was surprised when they wanted to do the slip and slide.

 photo IMG_6039_zps6a7847db.jpg

We made them leave around noon.  We went to my parent's house and all the kids fell asleep.  I think except Mika.  She was too excigted to see Papa.  We took a nap for a couple of hours and then woke up Ani and Bray to head to graduation at the Marriott.

Miss Morgan graduated from American Fork High School
 photo IMG_6812_zpsc4ed7bfb.jpg

We brought single tuberose leis for the girls that graduated from our ward.  We were one short and had to give them a shell lei we brought for Morgan.

 photo IMG_6051_zpsead138e1.jpg

Cute Kendall and Brynley wearing the kukui nut lei we brought for the boy that graduated from our old ward.  We never did find him.
 photo IMG_6045_zps705b0ac3.jpg

 Following graduation we went to Los Hermanos for dinner.  The Laings came down from Logan.  Crowther and Kat were there with the kids too.  It was great being with friends.

 photo IMG_6046_zps0c2a25b3.jpg

 photo IMG_6047_zps84f595c5.jpg

We let Bray sleep over with his friends.  The next morning, my dad was anxious to get Bray.  We hung out in our old neighborhood for a little.  The boys played ball.

 photo IMG_6852_zps55fd93b6.jpg

The girls were running around the house and yard
 photo IMG_6819_zps03e95bb2.jpg

It was so great being back in our old neighbohood. We sure miss it!

That night we met the families at our spot. Burger Supreme.

 photo IMG_6054_zpsad933008.jpg

 photo IMG_6052_zps4e14b85e.jpg

 photo IMG_6058_zpsd039b34c.jpg

 photo IMG_6060_zpsd310a07b.jpg

 photo IMG_6062_zps1f7e55d0.jpg

 photo IMG_6825_zpsf645b1ae.jpg

 photo IMG_6070_zpsbe8ebaff.jpg

 photo IMG_6068_zpsdb27749d.jpg

 photo IMG_6851_zpsbce6c618.jpg

Saturday we spent the day in the yard helping my dad finish up his yard. He ripped out the old bark and put in rocks. It was taking him weeks to finish and we were able to help him finish the last of it that day.  That night we had cafe rio for dinner.  It was the #1 place for Bray to eat while we were there.

 photo IMG_6066_zpsb6ca8ae0.jpg

Sunday we packed a suitcase to take with us.  We were spending the next two nights with the Evans.  We went to our old ward that morning and it was so fun to see everyone.  That night all our friends came over for dinner.  I really miss our friends.  It was a great night.

This is one of my favorites. Ryan and Kiele.
 photo IMG_6071_zps034ffd91.jpg

 photo IMG_6073_zps973a56af.jpg

Nya hacked my phone.
 photo IMG_6078_zps9b3f0c7a.jpg

 photo IMG_6081_zps6fd8267e.jpg

 photo IMG_6082_zps949382d8.jpg

Nya sang us some songs. The girl is getting really good.  really good.
 photo IMG_6085_zpsa4ca895f.jpg

I love Kendall. I'm always taking pictures of her.
 photo IMG_6083_zps5636c7be.jpg

The next morning we got ready for seven peaks.  I arranged with Shalann to do swimming lessons that whole week for Ani and Mika.  We went to swim lessons and then headed to seven peaks.

 photo IMG_6088_zpsc3fcd0ad.jpg

We had a nice, big group.  It was so fun. All our ward friends came.  Even ash. I'm so glad she did.  She helped me with the kids.  Dane took Kiele home to take a nap while he worked. She was so ticked we didn't let her stay, she had a full meltdown and wouldn't stop crying. oops.

Kylee and Mika became friends
 photo IMG_6090_zps58fb493f.jpg

Brynn and ani had a blast being together
 photo IMG_6102_zps44a34557.jpg

 photo IMG_6093_zps7fd02b05.jpg

Dane came later at dinnertime to bring pizza for the whole group.  We stayed until they kicked us out.
 photo IMG_6096_zps02947b5b.jpg

We stayed over at Nancy's again that night.  The next morning we made waffles for everyone.  The kids had swim lessons again.

 photo IMG_6098_zpsf9678281.jpg

Nancy was suppose to pack but we probably distracted her.  We ended up going to Lucky's for some shave ice.  It was packed and pretty good.  The banana was winners.

 photo IMG_6104_zps11a8bdd5.jpg

 photo IMG_6107_zps16c847e7.jpg

We had dinner plans with our ward friends to eat sushi at Tsunami.  It's my favorite sushi place in Utah.  It did not disappoint.  I'm a little sad that we didn't take any pictures.  Kiele was having  a meltdown when we were coming back to AF.  We had plans to watch, Star Trek.  I almost didn't go because the kids were being crazy and I felt bad leaving them with Nancy guys while they were trying to pack for their trip.  It wasn't the best movie to watch late at night when you are exhausted.  I thought it was a good movie.  I was just so tired I wanted to sleep.  We went to grab to kids to take them back to my parent's and say goodbye to the Evans.  We ended up staying until after three.

Wednesday we did swim lessons again.  Dane left me and the kids there for a couple of hours since he had a lunch appointment.  My friends came to swim with us. It was a hot day.  So fun.

 photo IMG_6109_zps11a4def3.jpg

We had to leave around 3:30 for my hair appointment.  I miss my hairdresser so much. I love her.  She's the best.  While dane was parking, he did the unbelievable, he hit the car as he turned into the stall. I was SHOCKED.  Dane is actually a really careful driver. It wasn't bad but in the end we had to pay 830 to fix their dent.  The bumper on my parent's car was cracked and we haven't repaired that one yet.  What an expensive trip it was turning out to be!  I must say, though, that my hair looked and felt awesome!

That night I had dinner with Julie and Erica at Outback. It's always so fun to catch up with them.
 photo IMG_6126_zpsa7f7429d.jpg

Dane dropped me off and came to pick me up after dinner.  We headed to the Tanaka's in highland.  Bray went fishing with my dad and Ani was having a sleepover so we only had the two little ones.  We didn't leave their house until after two in the morning. Another late night but so worth it. We miss Keith and Jess.

Thursday was swim lessons again. Dane had another lunch appointment so my dad came with me to lessons.

 photo IMG_6112_zpsb102dd19.jpg

After swim lessons, we headed to hunter park.  Addi was having her birthday party.  She invited Bray and Ani. I stayed and my dad took the little ones to Mcdonalds for lunch.  Dane finished his lunch and went to hang out with Ty on his deck.  The kids had a blast.  Thanks Andrea!

 photo IMG_6117_zpsa3243e08.jpg

Bray and Halle. Dane use to work with her dad.
 photo IMG_6869_zps415e0513.jpg

 photo IMG_6124_zps93118745.jpg

That night my parents went to Temple night and we went with them to crash the temple night dinner.  Did I mention my allergies were really bad in Utah. I had to consistently take claritin or I was miserable.

 photo IMG_6874_zpsd8f022aa.jpg

Friday we packed our bags for a night in Midway.  My dad had a free night stay and got us a room too. He's the USTA president, I think?  They have their meeting up there once a year.  We had our last day of swim lessons.

 photo IMG_6108_zps81afb5e9.jpg

We did shopping at the outlets in Traverse.  Then we went to check into our hotel.  We walked around the outlets and found some stuff at the TJ MAXX and then went to dinner.  It was beautiful up there.  It was also a lot cooler than it was in AF.  Bray slept by the window and the three girls shared the bed.  I can't believe this was the only picture I took up there. Lame.
 
 photo IMG_6128_zpsa1f763fc.jpg

Saturday morning we had breakfast, my dad had his science meeting.  I took the kids swimming in the pool.  Once my dad was finished, we checked out of the hotel, and headed to Sunny's house.  She planned a luncheon with our friends.  Her and James are the best hosts.  Ev came since she was visiting Utah at the same time.  Also, Keith and Jess came too.  Our camping crew.

 photo IMG_6135_zps1158bfb3.jpg

 photo IMG_6134_zps5727efc8.jpg

We went to Mason's baseball game after.  Bray wanted to see him play.  He is quite the player.  He's so athletic.  It was fun spending more time with the Tanaka's.  Bray left with them to sleepover and we had dinner at Blue Lemon.  LOVE that place.  Dane and I were able to go watch Fast 6 that night. 

 photo IMG_6137_zps15732b33.jpg

We were suppose to leave early in the morning for Logan, but since Mike guys were only going to be around that day, we had lunch at the Tanaka's and went up later.  I'm so glad we were able to spend time with the gang.

 photo IMG_6145_zps380453a7.jpg

Mika said it was the darkest he has ever seen me
 photo IMG_6149_zps01e11689.jpg

 photo IMG_6150_zps81085de6.jpg

We could only stay a couple of hours since it was going to take a little under two hours to get to logan.  We also had to pick up Kiki on the way.  The drive went by pretty quickly.  Everyone slept except kiki.  I let her watch movies on my phone.  When we arrive at the Laings, they had a cute sign for us.  It had questions on how our trip has been so far.  I love those Laing kids.

 photo IMG_6153_zps048e4139.jpg

 photo IMG_6154_zpsa28a5ea1.jpg

Nya had to win baby over with choocolate
 photo IMG_6886_zps1ae5ab76.jpg

The kids loved singing Karoke all day and all night
 photo IMG_6890_zpsb9c16422.jpg

It was never ending...
 photo IMG_6891_zps93071f9a.jpg


We love just hanging out with the Laings.  The kids can play all day long.  We did finally get out of the house the next day to eat ice cream. YUM! Aggie ice cream is delicious.

 photo IMG_6158_zpsb9f91d26.jpg

 photo IMG_6160_zps63d51351.jpg

That night we the adults saw Now you see me.  It was a good movie. I just felt it built up and came short in the end.  We let the kids have a movie night outside.  They were staying up so late in Logan.  First night was like 3 am.  The next night was around 1 am.  Yikes.  The last day we were there we took them to the jump zone.

 photo IMG_6163_zps5186f1af.jpg

Dane had a meeting with the partners of the company he is starting.  It was a great visit.  We left around 5:30 that night. We were so sad to leave them.  Bray cried.  He left Kaimani a note. Kai had baseball practice.

 photo IMG_6894_zpsa3fe5343.jpg

 photo IMG_6897_zps4aa11fe2.jpg

 photo IMG_6904_zps18876b4e.jpg

Dane added to their welcome sign that our trip in Logan was fantastic.

 photo IMG_6906_zps75c6a3d4.jpg

We drove straight to Sachi and Matt's house in Orem.  They wanted the kids to sleepover.  They are the best.  The kids love sleeping over at their place.  We miss having them around. They are so good with the kids.  When we picked them up, the kids were exhausted.  They were all sleeping.  Sachi and Matt had gifts for all of us.  A helicopter for Bray, spot it and beads for Ani, Twizzlers and cow pillow pet for Kiele, and Mika got a painting set. They even got Dane a shirt and a skirt for me.  Love them.

 photo IMG_6169_zpsc3c97d61.jpg

 photo IMG_6177_zps42ebfbdf.png

They painted as soon as we got to springville

 photo IMG_6173_zps8eea15e8.jpg

After we had dropped of the kids, we went on a date with the Larsens to Texas Roadhouse.  Dane wasn't feeling good. He thought it was the drive down from Logan.  Even hanging at their house he felt nauseous.  That night he kept throwing up.  He had the stomach flu pretty bad.  After I got the kids home the next day, Ani threw up that night.  The same night that I went to dinner with my other group of high school friends.  It was so fun reminiscing.  I can't believe it's been 15 years since we graduated.
  photo IMG_6175_zps3b8325c9.jpg

Mika threw up on Kiele's head during the night.  It was awful. Luckily, they both threw up only once and then recovered.  No one else got it. Dane was definitely the worst one. Poor guy.  The other thing was that it was my dad's birthday that Thursday. So we stayed home most of that day.  I went with him to get a new iphone 5. We did get out for dinner that night. Dane was finally feeling a little better.  His lasted longer than the 24 hours.  That friday my mom had work off and everyone was feeling better.  We went to the Orem carnival.  It was a little overcast and not too hot.

 photo IMG_6179_zps83a2c599.jpg

 photo IMG_6187_zps667717b7.jpg

We saw Taliah there
 photo IMG_6914_zps5660f521.jpg

 photo IMG_6919_zps9b73675a.jpg

 photo IMG_6193_zps06283e4f.jpg

Amber and Yami came to hang out with us for a little.  Love Gabe.

 photo IMG_6195_zps4a550e69.jpg

The last ride was a mistake.  Yami went with Bray and I went with Ani.  I thought it would never end.  I've never been so sick after a ride before.  This was right before it started.

 photo IMG_6198_zpsde761041.jpg

We went to hokulia later to get shave ice.   Then we tried a new sushi place. It was buy one get one free.  I can't remember the name of it but it's by movies 8.  It was good.

 photo IMG_6200_zpsf4c7995f.jpg

The Fa'alafua's were hungry so we met them at Burger Supreme.  I went to get cupackes with the kids before we went.

 photo IMG_6923_zps02819903.jpg

I did have a lot of cupakes in Utah.  We love our Fa'alafua's.

 photo IMG_6203_zpsa00d65e2.jpg

 photo IMG_6208_zps9069077b.jpg


Saturday we went to American Fork.  My mom wanted to upgrade her phone too.  We did some shopping at Ross.  We had lunch at Wendy's where the Larsens met up with us.  My mom went home to cook and we did more shopping in Orem.  We met the families at Mountain View park for dinner.  The Lee's and Ka'aumoana's came too.

 photo IMG_6250_zps4e6b90cb.jpg

So glad Darc made it.  Dorie guys were home sick.
 photo IMG_6222_zpse6e36c06.jpg

 photo IMG_6223_zpsb2b37903.jpg

 photo IMG_6225_zps4b6f8c25.jpg

Poor Sach. She caught the stomach flu from the kids that night and didn't come.  It was good to see Kuni and Leann.  Haven't seen them in forever.
 photo IMG_6230_zps7399b928.jpg

Love my Uncles
 photo IMG_6231_zpsdd925943.jpg

 photo IMG_6234_zps94d685b6.jpg

 photo IMG_6235_zps32f31378.jpg

 photo IMG_6251_zpsc581e996.jpg

 photo IMG_6255_zpsff64894d.jpg

 photo IMG_6260_zps69393096.jpg

The next day was Father's Day.  My dad's ward has a tradition where they decorate the ties for their dads. The kids helped a little but I had to finish it after they went to sleep.  We love our daddy. He really is the best.  He maybe give in a little too much, but he just can't say no.

 photo IMG_6266_zps7240d30e.jpg

We face timed Dane's dad and had a wonderful dinner!

 photo IMG_6928_zpse13ffafe.jpg

That night we drove to Orem to see the Owans.  They came into town that day.  The kids were pretty tired so we didn't stay too late. The next morning, Dane them were up by 5 am to go fishing with my dad and darren.  Bray enjoys it and I like that he gets to do that with my dad too.

 photo IMG_6940_zpsb81ab1b2.jpg

 photo IMG_6933_zps351ed397.jpg

They had videos of Bray driving the boat too.  Bray had so much fun.  After they got home, we headed to American Fork.  The Evans were back from their trip.  Dane had to meet with someone in Highland too.  Nancy, Dane, and I had lunch at Cafe Rio.  No kids.  Man, I miss having Nancy's girls around.  Jamie came over to hang with us too at the house.  We headed to Ryan's game in Orem for a little. It was SO hot.  I don't know how he played in the heat. For dinner we met at the families at Burger Supreme.  We had such a good turnout. I love my Utah family.

 photo IMG_6943_zps6483584b.jpg

 photo IMG_6945_zps024f4a12.jpg

 photo IMG_6947_zps06a9b2b0.jpg

 photo IMG_6946_zps68c04860.jpg

 photo IMG_6269_zps5ee70714.jpg

I got to snuggle Amy's baby.  It made me want another one.
 photo IMG_6271_zps4e9737ce.jpg

They are a month apart
 photo IMG_6275_zps8efd274d.jpg

 photo IMG_6283_zpsff586813.jpg

Ani and Nani.  They love each other.
 photo IMG_6286_zpsb8ad5dfe.jpg

 photo IMG_6324_zpsca400661.jpg

We left dinner to head to American Fork for dessert with our friends one last time at JCW's.

 photo IMG_6320_zps13b062c2.jpg

 photo IMG_6317_zps5d487aea.jpg

 photo IMG_6305_zpsb28321cb.jpg

 photo IMG_6303_zps14d95ac7.jpg

 photo IMG_6304_zps1eb0f799.jpg

 photo IMG_6302_zps704053b9.jpg

 photo IMG_6292_zps6b46bc69.jpg

 photo IMG_6309_zps1ff22bd1.jpg

 photo IMG_6316_zps0d4e5084.jpg

 photo IMG_6332_zpsa95d0fa6.jpg

 photo IMG_6333_zpsbc1e46cb.jpg

We said our goodbyes. The next morning we washed clothes, packed, and cleaned.  My dad dropped us off at the airport and we had Cafe Rio, one last time!






No comments: