Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Child Proof Doorknobs

Well, our GREAT little sleeper has been having some troubles lately. He did so well too. It's not every night but some nights he just keeps coming out of his room or he pays us a 4 am visit in our bed. So I got those child proof doorknob things to keep him in his room. I was a little hesitant because I liked him being able to come out in the mornings if I was busy feeding Ani. But those late night visits had to stop. So last night I put them on before he went to bed and I didn't hear any crying or pounding so either he fell alseep or he quietly tried to open the door. This morning when I came home from the gym, he was already in our bed watching TV while dane was getting ready. So I asked Dane how Brayden came out. Dane said he just walked into our room. So I thought I left the door open last night when I checked on him before I went to bed. After Dane left for work, I had to put him in time-out. So I put him on his bed, closed the door tightly, and waited. Less than one minute later I hear the door creaking open. I think when he puts his entire weight on it, he can get it open. I also saw him later just rip the thing off the door knob. So there goes that idea! Now we have to come up with something else to keep the little stinker in his room. Hopefully it's just a phase.

3 comments:

Mike & Nicole said...

When I was little I did the same thing, but then my parents told me about the monster in the closet that ate little boys who tried to get out of there rooms at night. Maybe you should give it a try! It worked for me.

Leo said...

Ha! I love it. I don't know if he understands what monsters are yet...

Mike & Nicole said...

Of course, that's about the same time I start wetting the bed...so maybe it's not such a good idea.