Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Women of Steel

this past saturday i did the women of steel at my local rec center. i heard this one was very popular and it was sold out pretty fast. the appeal is just having women to compete against. plus, since it is a women's tri they hand out chocolates when you cross the finish line. the weather was perfect. i didn't really swim or bike before this one but since it was a sprint it was fine. that also meant i didn't get to stand on the podium, but i'm not holding my breath for that to ever happen. if you are in the area, this is a great one to do with friends.
Photobucket
before the race. i did my first triathlon, jordanelle, with these girls.
Photobucket
left-to-right: nancy & natalie. natalie taught the class I took before my 1st triathlon. she has been on the podium alot--maybe even every race she does.

7 comments:

Erica said...

Wow Leo, I am so impressed! I have to laugh cause I am actually online right now purchasing a double jogging stroller so I can start running with my kids and my goal is to start participating in these things. Way to go!

malia said...

you are awesome leo.

Sherene said...

You are amazing, and you look fabulous!

Cammie said...

Happy birthday and way to go on the tri! That is something I want to do someday...just getting the motivation to haul the kids in the stroller is killing me! I will just have to bask in the light of your amazingness for now. Good job!

Mer said...

Okay Mrs. Leo, you are officially superwoman in my book! Not only did you finish the tri but you look gorgeous to boot! Not fair, I would have looked like death. So, I'm thinking now that we'll be back in UT, we should totally do an event together. I'm not that good, but I'm willing and ready. I have never done a tri but would love to. By the way, I never bought the KitchenAide. I chickened out, those things are SO expensive! Someday though, someday. Keep it up, super mamma!
PS You know what made me laugh today? David (my brother) told me a story of Dane, back in the BYU days. He said something about Dane throwing Miso soup at a car full of taunting/annoying high school kids. Pretty funny, maybe you should remind him of that one. Love ya!

chingchong7 said...

That is so awesome!! I am very impressed!! you go girl! I would like to try a half marathon next year. If I do I'll need some advice from you!!

Chris and Channy said...

I admire all of you beautiful moms who are staying fit. I need to jump on that bandwagon someday...I'm a procrastinator. :) Congratulations on completing your marathon! You're a great example for all of us other mommies.