Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

So today Leo and the kids made me (yes...this is Dane) breakfast in bed. It was so nice to have pancakes and fruit. Leo started this thing since we've been married where birthdays and special days are celebrated by making breakfast in bed for the other person. I think for Leo's birthday I went to McDonald's for OJ, hashbrowns, and bacon, egg and cheese biscuits. Haha. So Brayden wanted to especially celebrate Father's Day for Papa in Hawaii by making these ultra-cool pictures. We all wish we could have been in Hawaii to celebrate, but we are heading down in July.

Anyway, I wanted to post these today so when we call Papa tonight he can have a look. This is exhibit A. I think all of you get the message as an opener, but very few of you would recognize the thing in the bottom left corner. Brayden wanted to add some flare to the picture by drawing in a spider. When he was making the legs, I asked, "How many legs does a spider have?" He prompted answered, "This many" and then proceeded to draw 12 legs.



The next picture is an interpretive piece by Brayden depicting where we live in Utah and where Papa lives in Hawaii. For those of you who can't figure out the scribbles, the blue squiggly line is the ocean, and those are trees (pine tree and coconut tree). Brayden commented as he was drawing it, "Man there are alot of coconuts." I then asked Brayden to draw an airplane, and he started. Half way through he got disenchanted, and said, "It's too hard. Let's make it a peanut." So the red thing in between the two trees is in fact a peanut.


The last and final piece in this contemporary series is the family picture. Since he isn't very good at Photoshop, Brayden opted to use a crayon to draw the family together. I did label all of the 'people' so everyone can tell who is who. Brayden's comment at the end was, "Gramma and Papa are dancing." He clarified the picture by saying we are playing "Ring around the Rosie." Again, another subtlety that many would overlook. At the very end of the creative process Brayden felt it necessary to pen in a table with a drawer. One of these days this is going to be worth big money. I almost disabled the right click option. Consider yourselves lucky. Anyways...Happy Father's Day to Papa in Hawaii! We love you.

5 comments:

Tupous said...

Happy belated Father's Day Dane!!! I love the pics and think Bray is a natural artist. Dane, you should blog more often.

Leo said...

i agree!

t and britty said...

all the husbands need to blog more. what great pictures bray bray. happy father's week!!! i love the peanut

Kea said...

Dane!! Funny post. Do it more often :)

Sherene said...

Hilarious D! You should blog more often. Love the drawings, can't wait for k to start drawing too.