I was trying to find how to spell it properly because the way we say it sounds more like Jun Ken-a-po. On Wikipedia it is spelt as Jan-Ken-Po (paper, rock, scissors). Bray's friends give him a confused look when he asks them if they would like to play. He is always asking us to play it with him. The only thing is that he doesn't like to lose.
I read a blog from a lady on the Big Island that says, "Jan Ken Po, socka socka po!" and on the second po they show their sign. I remember when I was little we use to add on something about your bum bum show at the end. What do you guys say?
Ani is still trying to learn how to do it. She's not very good yet.

2 comments:
we used to say, "jan ken-a-po, i can-a show"
good times. i need to teach my kids that one.
Your kids are growing up so fast, so cute. I just have to tell you that you just taught me something new. When I first heard them say it here, it sounded like "drunk and pull," so that's what I think they call it, until now of course. I asked a kid what they said again, and it still sounded like drunk and pull.
Post a Comment