Friday, October 19, 2012

Making changes

It's almost been a month since my last post. We've been so busy this month with some new things happening in our lives.  I'll have to back-up to about July when all of these changes started.  I was in Seattle visiting my brother when Dane was still in Utah.  He found out the day before our anniversary that they were making changes at work.  They were thinking of starting a new company and decided that they wouldn't have Dane's position in the new company.  He's been at this company for over nine years.  He was the VP of Operations.  We started to look for a new job and reaching out to connections to see if there was anything available.  August was spent writing a resume (that was torture since the last time he had to do one was many, many years ago) and looking for a new job.  They kept pushing back Dane's end date and it went from the middle of August to the end of August.  Right before he was planning on leaving, they came to him with a new position. VP of New Business.  They decided that they didn't want to lose him after all and offered him a position equal to the one he was currently doing.  We decided to go to the temple and pray for some answers.  We were confused since we were prepared to leave Prosper behind.  That night we left the temple knowing we weren't staying in Utah.  I was a hot mess.  I think I cried all night. The next day we fasted and prayed and  knew without a doubt it was the right thing for our family.  I cried for the next two weeks. 

We also came to the decision for Dane to take the new position until we knew when we were leaving.  During this time we started packing, selling, cleaning, getting the house ready to sell, applying Bray for Kamehameha, and preparing the kids.  Bray cried really hard.  I was crying right along with him.  He has so many friends in this neighborhood. The two oldest were very sad.  The younger two are clueless what is about to happen.

Everything has just come together so easily.  Bray pretty much sold the house for us.  When we told him, we said he couldn't tell his friends yet until daddy told work.  He went one day before he told all of them.  I got calls and texts from theirs moms asking if it was true.  One of his friends went home and told his mom. They knew someone from Tennessee looking in our area.  We came up with a purchase price and our house was under contract without having to even put it up for sale.  That was a big relief.  We have sold one of the cars and it seems like everything I put on KSL goes quickly and we usually get what we are asking.  It couldn't get any easier. We're very blessed.

We leave Utah in two weeks and it seems like the tears are starting to make their appearance again.  I'm nervous and sad, maybe a teenie bit excited, but mostly nervous.  I know this is the next step for us to take but it doesn't make it any easier.  Wait, I don't think I said where we are going...  We are moving back to Hawaii.  I haven't lived there since I was 8 and Dane hasn't been living there (off and on) since 1995.  He said he thought he be so excited to move home but he is a little sad.  He's been here the last 17 years of his life.  We really are going to miss our family and friends.

Dane is telling his work today so now that the cat is out of the bag, we can let it all out.  We leave Utah in two weeks and will spend a week in Cali.  Then it is off to live permanently in Hawaii.  I just can't believe it. I know a lot of people diss Utah but I love it here.  It's the people that make it home and I'm really going to miss it. 

6 comments:

Corie Poliahu said...

I was just thinking about Brayden today and wondering how he was feeling about the move since he's older. I cried through your whole post! I AM excited for you to be here though : )

chingchong7 said...

Hawaii!!!! Leo does this mean I won't see u over Christmas?!! This is such big news and exciting news! Wow!! I can definitely relate to all the emotions u must be going through. Good luck with the move and new adventures! I'm gonna miss u girl!!

Sharon said...

This is crazy news! I'm sad you guys are leaving Utah though--your parents are going to be SO sad :( But, we're excited to see you all! Hope everything keeps going great for you guys!

Nai said...

I'm just as excited as Corie! We get to have more girl's night out and I love that our kids will be able to get to know each other.

sanaejames photography said...

so this is what you hinted about a little while back to me. I totally understand what you mean about the whole bitter sweet deal. We are going through a similar process right now--we may be headed back out west (keeping our fingers crossed) although we love it out here. jobs i tell ya! They sure can keep us on our toes, yeah? that's exciting that you'll be going back to hawaii...to family and friends, too! i'm sure it'll be tough to leave your fams, but kids are resilient and they'll bounce back fast.:) Good luck with your move! so excited to hear more about it!:)

Mer said...

I'm sorry about Dane's job, but so happy for you to move to Hawaii. I'm going to miss running into you, hey we never ran together. But, we can run the aloha run together in February if you're up to it! That's a fun one, we'll miss you Ing Ohana! Keep in touch.