Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Catch up post-- Last month in Utah

We arrived here in Hawaii on Nov. 9th. I'm so behind.  I need to blog about packing up and leaving Utah, our trip to Disneyland, and our adjustment to Hawaii.  I hope to completely catch up this week now that our computer is here. I had to get a new photobucket account.  I can't figure out how to post the pics smaller. I'm so annoyed. For now, they will be ginormous.  Sorry.

Bray said goodbye to his soccer team.  We enjoyed the Utah County league.  We were bummed he couldn't finish up with them in spring.  It was a good season for Bray.

Photobucket

The Laings came to say goodbye to us.  It was the craziest weeekend but we made it work.  They were only able to come down Saturday night and had to leave early Sunday.  We still appreciated them making the drive.

Photobucket

Ani & Kiki
Photobucket

Kaimani & Bray
Photobucket

Kiele loved Adam
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The girls, plus mall, watched the kids for us so we could do a couples date.  We wanted to do the corn maze but didn't have enough money. We were a dollar short! We saw the new bourne movie. I didn't like it but I was the only one.
Photobucket

Best Buds
Photobucket

Photobucket

Sushi with Cousins. Sach and Nan arranged a sushi night with all the girl cousins.  We reminisced and laughed. It was such a fun night.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Love my nani buns
Photobucket

Our last days of carpool were really sad. We were so busy getting everything ready, the girls would fall asleep in the car.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids had their pumpkin walk before we left.  They were so excited to go and show us. I thought Ani's was so cute.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bray's was fun too
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We always end the night with donuts and hot chocolate. I love this tradition at legacy.
Photobucket

Ani and Mika had their last day of Hula with Aunty Maria. We will miss all the people we saw every week and the friendships made.
Photobucket

We went to lunch with Miss Sierra before we left.  We will miss her. She was always so sweet to my kids.

Photobucket

@ Olive Garden
Photobucket

Bray finished up flag football.  We always love when he plays with the boys in the neighborhood. It was hard for me to know it was coming to an end.  The last game of the season bray had an awesome catch.  His buddy, Owen, threw an amazing pass.  I will miss these games!



Bray and Owen
Photobucket

Andrea had her birthday dinner after Bray's last game.  They went shopping up at Fashion place and I went up with Crowther after the game. We had dinner at Cheesecake Factory.  Another thing I will miss!
Photobucket

Bray was able to finish and get his wolf merit badge.  He worked hard to finish it before we left.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our friends, The Crowther's, throw a crazy fun halloween party every year.  They did not disappoint this year.  It was a fun way to spend time with people from our neighborhood before we left. We will miss those Crowther's! Brett has a rule that we can only post our costume pictures from his party on the internet.  There were some really cool costumes, but you will just have to take my word for it.

Photobucket

Little Beckett came. I love him. I could hold him all night!
Photobucket

Photobucket

FHE with the Families.  Dustin planned it and Alihi gave this awesome lesson.  We Face Timed my brother's family in and it was really sad and emotional for me.  I've grown up with these people and have spent most major holidays, birthdays, special occasions, sporting events, and special church activities.  Of course Alihi has me say something and I just break down in front of everyone.  I'm just really going to miss them and I'm extremely sad that my kids won't get to grow up with them in their lives.  They were the best family when we didn't have any.

Photobucket

food was delicious
Photobucket

my beautiful ashley
Photobucket

he just came home and we leave
Photobucket

these boys love our kids so much!
Photobucket

the guy cousins
Photobucket

the girl cousins
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

love my sach
Photobucket

Photobucket

all the cousins and spouses. our group has grown so much.
Photobucket

Our pod came the weekend before we left.  We had my uncles and utah cousins come help. Also, people from the ward came too.  It was so helpful and we couldn't have done it without them. Especially my dad. He pulled late nights with us helping us break down beds and move things.

 We had a lot of help from friends and family.  Here's a picture of the girls in one of the boxes when Jamie was over helping.

Photobucket

Halloween was crazy.  We did a lot of repeats.  Ani was a cow girl.  A costumes I bought her when she was two and never wore. She is so small, she wore it this year. Mika was a gorilla (Bray's costume), and Kiele was a butterfly (all the girls have now worn it).  Bray was the only one that got a new one. He was the blue man group with his friends.

Photobucket

We went to the parade at the school.  We were rushing and almost missed the kids walking by.  Bray was dancing through the aisles.  Such a brayden thing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Notice the rubbish behind Mika. We were in serious packing mode. The kids were great sports during it all.
Photobucket

Mika and her friends, Statt, and Paityn, with their teacher, Mrs. Clarke.  She's so sweet.  I loved her teacher.
Photobucket

My parents came over for trick or treating. Our last and final year in Utah and the Tanaka's couldn't make it.  We've done it since the boys were babies but it was probably for the best.  We were handing out candy and packing. It was crazy.

Photobucket

Dane was actually in charge of handing out candy and packing up the pod
Photobucket

Kiele was in charge of eating candy in the pod
Photobucket

We had promised the kids a sleepover before we left.  We were running out of days so it left a school night.  They slept over on Halloween and early that morning we got up early and went to breakfast at IHOP.  It was so fun.

Photobucket

I had to do all the paperwork to withdraw the kids from school.  Both the kids received letters from everyone in their class. It was so fun to read and the kids loved it. Here is Bray with his sweet teacher Ms. Ames.
Photobucket

For lunch, sweet Stephanie threw me a going away lunch at her house.  She's the perfect party thrower.  It was so great to visit with ladies from my ward before I left.  We have the most AMAZING ward.  I'm really going to miss everyone.  Thank you, Steph!  During my lunch, the pod people came to pick up the pod.  How sad! Our stuff was on it's way to Hawaii. It felt so real.

We wanted to get one last dinner in with Julie before I left.  We met at Zuppa's and it was short and sweet.  I have made the best friends from this neighborhood. I'm really, really going to miss them!
Photobucket

Later that night we had all the cousins come over to help us clean the entire house.  I didn't get any pictures from it. I'm so lame. I'm especially sad about not getting a video of Kahai doing my song.  It was the funniest thing.  I have been begging him to video it for him. I hope one day he will. He did it to the Boom, Boom, Boom, let me hear you say Wayo! It was hilarious.  While they were there getting started, the Tanaka's came by to say their goodbyes. It was hard to say goodbye to them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After they left, Mike and Adrienne came to say goodbye and brought us a card and gifts. It was so sweet. See, best ward ever! :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't remember what time they all left, but it was really late.  Dane and I were zombies the last two weeks.  Friday was the last day of work for Dane and the last day of the school for the kids.

Photobucket

Photobucket

By that point, our house was pretty clean and empty. The girls and I would lay on the floor and take pictures.
Photobucket

I had a bunch of ladies helping me those last days getting everything out and cleaned.  I seriously can't thank them enough. They were a HUGE help.  Our Sach came all day on friday and fixed the table bench (sold it to the new owners) and helped clean and watch the kids.  I think at one point in the day I was driving home from returning something to a friend and I just started to bawl.  Sach saw me as I got out of the car and said... LEO, don't start yet.  From that point on I think I cried that entire day.

Photobucket

I was selling stuff up until that night. I did pretty good selling most of our stuff. In the end I was begging people to take the rest.  Ani's friend Brynley (or Kat's Brynley as Ani likes to call her) came up to say goodbye and give her a note.  It was so cute.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mallory had to babysit and came to say goodbye. She was bawling. I instantly started to cry.  She kept warning me all week that she was going to cry.  It broke my heart.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We packed up everything in the cars that we were keeping at my parent's house and took one last picture. I don't have it but it's of all of us.  The Fa'alafua's were there to say goodbye and bring the kids books and coloring things. They are always so thoughtful towards my kids.  Sach and Matt had been there most of the day helping me.  Nancy had a party to go to and came to say goodbye. Mika had fallen asleep on the floor and I remember her just patting her head and crying.  It was heartbreaking.  Then we hugged everyone else and I was sobbing uncontrollably.  Loudly, might I add. It was definitely so hard.  I told the kids to run across the street and say goodbye to the Evans kids.  Kate came sobbing and Hannah.  They are like family and it was so very hard to say goodbye.  Bray broke down and climbed to the back of the car crying. His friends had to crawl in to say their goodbyes.  Once my dad drove away with the kids, we said another hard goodbye to the Fa'alfua's and Dale's.  Then Dane went to take Owen home.  Kristi was texting me that Owen was crying and crying.  Bray had the best friends in this neighborhood. One of the hardest things was knowing what good friends he had to leave behind.  I kept wondering if Bray was going to break down.  It was sad to see it. While Dane ran one last errand and took Owen home, I walked through our clean, empty house and bawled.  I was actually glad to have that time alone.  Dane came back and we cried together.  I look at the nursery where I've brought all our babies home to, closed the doors to all the bedrooms, and locked the front door.  I didn't think it would be that hard to leave our house but we made so many great memories there.  Good times, I tell ya.

Photobucket

Our friends, Kat & Reed, had a last dinner for us at their house.  I think I looked a mess when I walked in their door.  I was physically and emotionally exhausted.  We ordered Texas Roadhouse and talked, watched gangnam style on you tube, and left their house around midnight.  We had to leave early to Cali in the morning.  My cute friends made me a blanket and pillow of pictures from our mud run this last year and pics from our hiking trips. They also wrote me sweet cards and gave us treats for the road.  I think I was too exhausted to cry anymore and said a tearless goodbye to everyone with promises of visits.  Dane and I talked the entire way to my parent's house on our cell phones.  We both had to drive a car there full of our stuff. We talked about what we were going to miss and the things we loved about the Utah.  It was so hard to leave.  We went to my parent's house and unloaded the cars of stuff the staying and packed in our suitcases.  We left around 7 am the next morning, just a little later than planned.  We were so tired.  I drove first and maybe two hours later, I got a ticket. DANG.  Not the way I wanted to leave Utah.

Photobucket

The kids did pretty good on the drive. They slept the first part since we left so early.  I thought it was pretty quick drive but we sure were glad to arrive at Aunty Janice's house.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm too tired to keep going. I'm going to blog about Cali and Disneyland next.  It was such a great trip.  I want to make sure it makes it in our blog book.  







No comments: