Sunday, December 09, 2012

Catch-up post-- Hawaii

I hate that I'm always just writing the minimum and pasting the photos. Hopefully once I get caught up I can write down more. Things I really want to remember.  It was a couple of days before we went to the beach.  We didn't even go very long either.  We only spent an hour there but went because the kids were begging.  The first things we had to do was switch our car insurance, find a new health insurance, get a bank account, new license, make sure all our bills had our new address, etc.  It was busy!

Dane's parent's are finishing up a development on the north shore.  We went to check it out the day after we arrived.  They are almost done.  It's exciting. We also went to see the second pole house. If it wasn't so far, I would live there. It's got the best wrap- around with a gorgeous view.

The kids love being with their cousins.  They have all gotten along so well for the most part except Kiele.  Poor Kiliohu needs to learn how to run away from her faster. Lele keeps taking bites out of her.

Photobucket

Our family organized a welcome home party with dane's relatives. It was at Aunty Kathy's house in Kailua. They catered hawaiian food from Koki's, my favorite! The kids loved swimming in the pool. The food was delicious. Good times!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another thing that kept us busy was that the parent's were renovating the place beneath the house. We had to help take stuff to the dump and help my sister-in-law get moved in to the new place.

Our friends, The Mack's, were visiting from Cali and we met at Amber's house for a get-together.  It was our first experience back with traffic.  Traffic stinks! We were suppose to go out to Ko'olina but ended up in Kapolei at Amber's.

Photobucket

Dave with his son, Keoni.  Kiele kept picking on him. Body slamming him and poking out his eye balls. I don't think we will get a call next time they come to town.

Photobucket

Lexie
Photobucket

Photobucket

We couldn't say too late because the older two kids started school the next day. They are going to the same school that Dane went to as a child.  The first day was a little rough.  Ani cried and didn't want me to leave. It was hard to leave her even though I knew she would be fine.  When we came back to pick them up, she was smiling. She had a great first day.  Her teacher, Mrs. Ikehara, is strict but seems like a great teacher.  She said all the boys came to pat ani on the back and make her welcome.  She heard them saying they thought she was cute.  The teacher promised to watch her for us. Ha! Whatever they did, it helped her have a great first day.

Photobucket

The homework for Bray has tripled.  He use to always be so fast and get done within an hour, if not less. Here the first couple of days he was still going after three or four hours.  He cried a couple of times.  His teacher is pretty great too.  I can tell the new things they teach are really helping him become a better writer. I'm happy.  I could use a writing class! Even Ani has more homework. She has writing, phonics, reading, and math homework every day.  

The next day we went to get our new hawaii license.  We drove out to Kapolei to find that we needed a few more things.  So...we went to my grandma's instead for lunch.  Kiele loves my grandpa. He loves her too. He kept playing with her. It was definitely so cute to watch.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mika goes with the dad, mom, and dane's sister to the country.  It left us with just Kiele most days.  We would run our errands and grab lunch at zippy's. I love their custard long johns and Kiele loves donuts period.

Photobucket

Poor thing struggled adjusting to the new time schedule
Photobucket

One great thing is the weather here. We love it.  We love to take walks!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Their library is brand new and we went to get the kids new books to read
Photobucket

I forget how busy holidays are with all the family we have. Thanksgiving was no different. We went to my grandpa's place to have lunch with the Kim's.  It was so great to see them.  My Aunty went all out with the food.  I wish we could have stayed to visit longer.  We had to rush back to finish my rolls for Dane's family party at the house.  Again, delicious food!  Right after we ate with them we had to drive out to Waipio to my Aunty Lani's place.  She had the old house demolished and rebuilt. It looks so nice.  We stayed there a little longer since we didn't have another place to go.  It's so fun to see everyone now that we live here.

The Kim cousins and the kids
Photobucket

all of us
Photobucket

grandpa takamoto and the kids
Photobucket

aunty lani got all the kids these bubble guns. They played with them the whole time.  Kiele took awhile to figure out how to use it.  It was a definite hit.

Photobucket

she loves tutu man
Photobucket

Photobucket

We took advantage with the kids being on break. Even though they really just started school again the week or so before.  We went to the beach again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

baby just likes to walk up and down the shore. over and over and over...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

we tried to take advantage of black friday.  i don't think we bought anything. maybe some body pillows?
Photobucket

we took the kids to hike manoa falls. note to self... remember bug spray next time. bray and i were eaten alive!  plus, since it was pretty dry (less muddy to hike with kids) but there was hardly any water fall. oh well. it was nice being in nature.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Everyone had their hiking sticks
Photobucket

I don't know what Bray was doing
Photobucket

left the sticks by the entrance for other hikers
Photobucket

we went to the beach, followed by shave ice. it was a great day.
Photobucket

Our car arrived the day before our pod. It's so nice having our own car again. Kind of weird too to be driving our car around Hawaii.  The pod arrived at the end of the month.  I had volunteered to help in Ani's class that day so my brother-in-law and sister-in-laws helped Dane unload everything into the garage.  It's been a week and half since it came and we are pretty much organized and moved into our bedrooms. We still have a ton of stuff in the garage that we don't know what do with.  maybe a storage unit.

they put the little ones on the chairs to watch
Photobucket

Photobucket

our stuff in the garage
Photobucket

i went to subway to get lunch for everyone.  i had that moment i knew i was living in hawaii when i read what the guy wrote on the wrapping. chicken w/ cukes (cucumbers). oh hawaii...
Photobucket

What took the longest was figuring out where to put all our office stuff. we searched for book cases and file cabinets. i use to have an office and to now squeeze it all in my bedroom was pretty difficult.  after some hours of shopping, we've gotten everything arranged.  one of the days we went to costco in hawaii kai for an office chair.  kiele was screaming bloody murder. definitely frustrating.  all the girl wanted was a hot dog.  i wish she could speak!
Photobucket

She will only stay in her car seat if we have a lot of senbei on hand

Photobucket

Dane's cousin's fiance had her bridal shower at a bar in town.  It's actually in a furniture store. Weird. Anyways, we were a little late but were able to play one game. We had to design a wedding dress out of toilet paper. Our team won.
Photobucket

Baby keeps sticking her hand down the diaper.  She is soooo like Brayden it's scary.
Photobucket

Papa Ing's birthday was this week.  We went to Buzz's steakhouse to celebrate. YUMMY!  Teriyaki steak and mint chocolate chip ice cream cake for dessert.  One of my favorite places. Girls were kind of matching. Probably Ani's idea.

Photobucket

Papa with his grandkids
Photobucket

The next night I went with some friends to watch wicked for the third time.  It seems like I watch it every three years. The first time was back in 2005.  Then I saw it in 20009.  Now 2012.  Each time I thought maybe one person was better than the other show, but I always enjoy listening to the songs. It's such a great musical.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last night we went to the school for the art exhibit.  The kids found their art projects and showed it to the family. It was very neat.  Bray's was a book on things he liked about christmas.

Photobucket

Maile and Ani had to write reports on butterflies and decorate their butterfly.  I was pretty impressed with some of the words and knowledge these kids had about butterflies.  I'm really, really impressed with this school.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mika really wants to start school
Photobucket

Dinner at the Ing's is usually out on on the lanai on this table
Photobucket

They have the best view.  This was the sunset that night.
Photobucket

Tonight we went to the ward christmas party.  Holy smokes, they had a lot of people.  We had ham, turkey, and prime rib.  An assortment of salads, sides, and desserts.  It was pretty impressive.  Plus, they had these huge cookies for the kids to decorate, coloring activities, and Santa gave took pics with the kids and handed out goodies.  We left before the show but it was such a fun night.  The kids had a blast.

Mika loved the cupcakes
Photobucket

Photobucket

Dane loves being home with his dad
Photobucket

Kids decorating cookies
Photobucket

little terror
Photobucket

Bray was mad that this kid stepped on his cookie. They wouldn't let him get another one.  Junkie.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Robbie and Sharon.  Mika is hiding Sharon, but her baby belly is so cute.
Photobucket

Ani went very festive tonight
Photobucket

As much fun as Hawaii has been, I still really miss Utah alot. It's taking time to adjust but I just wish I could be in two places at once.


1 comment:

sanaejames photography said...

WOW! YOu guys have been BUSY! Sounds like you guys getting right into the swing of things! I feel the same way with our move. IT was a whirlwind and I'm still trying to adjust but everything will work out great. Have a great Christmas and New Years!