Friday, December 07, 2012

Catch up post-- California and Disneyland

I have to say we have had some great trips this year.  Dane and I had our anniversary trip in May, we had our family reunion in Seattle during the summer, and our first Disneyland trip with the younger kids.  It was an AMAZING vacation.  I wish I could turn back time and go back. It was so fun.

We arrived at my Aunty's house Saturday night and she had dinner waiting for us. Yummy spaghetti.  It's definitely a favorite for a few people in our family.  We had to repack our stuff into smaller bags since we were staying at a hotel the next three nights.  We were up early and made it to Disneyland around 10:30 after eating breakfast at McDonald's.  My Aunty, Uncle, Cousin Kevin and his family came too.  We later met up with our friends, The Larsen's.  They got there earlier than us. 

Tram ride
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The backstreet boys were performing in the main area.  They were filming for their Christmas commercial.  We went to get fast passes to Star Wars and Space Mountain.  The lines weren't too long.  We did Buzz light year.  We kind of stayed in that area.  The Star Wars ride made me so sick!  While we were waiting for the Jedi school performances to finish, we saw a message in the sky. It wasn't a banner but maybe four jets flying and leaving their exhaust fumes to form a message. It was pretty cool and probably cost a pretty penny.  I hope she said, yes!

Photobucket

Fantasy land was closed and we made our way towards splash mountain.  I don't think Kiele rode very much that day.
Photobucket

We met up with the Larsen's at some point.  Bray had a friend, Ani had two, and Mika had two.  It was cute. They were all the same age.

Photobucket

I think we are in the Pirates line
Photobucket

Photobucket

We played at Tarzan's treehouse
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We did the jungle cruise ride
Photobucket

Photobucket


The kids loved splash mountain. Ani's face doesn't say she did, but she did.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After riding that ride a couple times, we said goodbye to Aunty Janice and Kev guys.  They had to get home.  Kayla had school in the morning and Tam started her new job.  We went to get fast passes to the haunted mansion.

Photobucket

We ate and saved seats for the fantasmic show.  It was so good. I don't think Disney knows how to do anything poorly.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mika was yelling as all her favorite princesses came by.  She was so excited.
Photobucket

After the show we rode a couple more rides. One being dumbo.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think snow white too
Photobucket

Photobucket

It was pretty late and we were all pretty tired.  As we were walking out, we spotted goofy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

We checked into our hotel (same as the larsens) that night.  It was a great set-up.  

DAY 2 at DISNEYLAND-- California Adventure

We had continental breakfast every morning. It was great.  We could feed the kids and fill them up before we left for a long day out. We tried to get there early.  As soon as we got into the park, Pat ran to stand in line for Cars Land. We got our fast passes for that and went to do California Soarin'.  Right after we rode that ride, the ride closed for technical difficulties.  We actually had bad luck with breaking rides that day. Luckily, it broke after we rode them.

Photobucket

The grizzly rapids was a favorite of the kids.  On the way we saw minnie.  Mika was in heaven! She loves minnie.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bray love California Screamin'.  I don't know how many times he ended up riding that ride before we left.
Photobucket

on the way to california screamin' we saw phineas and ferb
Photobucket


another ride we broke was the goofy's flight school.  we were just finishing the ride when it broke down.  they had to slowly bring in each car. Andrea them were behind us. I think it was their fault.
Photobucket 
Cars land was so cool. Disney does it the best. It looked just like the cartoon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket
Photobucket

We were there so long that Kiele got to dance with the performers three times.  First, our fast pass time was when the ride was broken.  Then since we had to switch so many times and the small wait even with the fast pass, it took awhile.

Photobucket

Photobucket


the older kids waiting in line
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
dane said it was cool that the other car they raced was pat them.  bray claims they won.

Photobucket


i rode with my mom. it was hilarious. the guy next to her was funny.  i love the picture of her!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

the line for luigi's flying tires was pretty long. it took awhile. dane said it was ok for the wait.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

the kids really like mater's junkyard jamboree. made me kind of nauseous.
Photobucket

Photobucket\

bray liked tower of terror
Photobucket
Addi was a little scared to ride california screamin'.  The guy told her that if she didn't like the ride when it was through he would give her something.  I can't remember what she told him, but he gave her a pass that got six people on the ride.  It excluded radiator springs.  At the end of the night we went to the world of colors. I loved it.  I thought it was so cool.  Right before that though, they wanted to go on california soarin' one more time.  Andrea and I took the little ones to Toy Story.  It's a 3D shooting game.  It's fun. Probably more fun without kiddies on your lap.
Photobucket

It was another long day but we accomplished alot!

DAY 3-- DISNEYLAND & NEWPORT BEACH

Since we had two long days before, our plan was to leave early and head to the beach.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We waited in line to see the princesses.  The girls were so excited.

Princess Tiana
Photobucket

Ariel, who is Mika's favorite
Photobucket

Belle, who is also Mika's favorite. She kept saying they were all her favorite.
Photobucket

Rapunzel was hiding behind some hedges. It was a really hot day.
Photobucket

It was right after this that we lost Mika for a little.  I thought she was in the stroller and it wasn't until Dane asked where she was, that we noticed.  I ran back to where we were and saw her crying.  A lady was just picking her up when I arrived.  Wow, that got my heart pumping. They were still filming so fantasy land was closed again.  We  headed over to Mickey Toontown. It was pretty busy.  We saw donald duck, goofy (again), and pluto.  Mika and Statt were chasing him.
Photobucket
They finally caught up with him
Photobucket

We stood in line to see Mickey.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We went on the finding nemo ride
Photobucket
Then did the autotopia with the kids before leaving
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wish we kept track of all the churros we ate.  I think we consumed hundreds of dollars of it. Especially Bray.
Photobucket

waiting for the tram back to the car
Photobucket

Photobucket

We went to eat a Newport Beach. My cousin was meeting us and he couldn't find us.  It's because we were at Balboa? He finally met up with us and we ate at this place that was really good. Their lobster tacos were delicious!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was the craziest weather that day. The fog rolled in and you couldn't see a thing.
Photobucket

Since the kids couldn't go swimming we went shopping instead.  I think we went to fashion island? It's  a pretty cool place. Nice stores.  I bought a couple shirts because I didn't pack enough clothes for me for the hotel. That's why I'm wearing my pajamas that day!  We bought pretzels and cupcakes from a place that won on one of those cupcakes shows.
Photobucket

It was yummy...

DAY 4-- DISNEYLAND

With out four day pass from Costco, we could get into the park of our choice an hour earlier.  We chose our last day to do that.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We got there early and went right in and straight to get our fast passes to radiator springs.  You couldn't purchase those until the regular park opened up.  We decided to go to California Soarin'.

The kids too little to ride it
Photobucket

It was weird to see it so empty.  We went again to stand in the line for radiator springs that was now forever long but it didn't take too much time. My cousin Kevin was able to come into the park and jump in line with us.   We met up with everyone else at the back of the park.

Photobucket
Saw woody

Photobucket

Saw Buzz lightyear
Photobucket

Went on the toy story ride with everyone since only the younger ones went
Photobucket

Photobucket 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
we rode the california screamin' again a couple of times. the lines were so short. addi got this cool picture of us right before they blast you forward.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The foot soldiers from Toy Story performed.  They did drumming and it was pretty cool.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We went to Bug's Land this time around since we missed it last time.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What is going on here?  Bahaha.  No kids to ride with... Ha!
Photobucket

 Photobucket

Photobucket


We had our fast pass time for Cars Land.  The kids love running that ride.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Patient kids
Photobucket

I went to ride the tower of terror. I wanted Ani to try it. Well, that didn't go so well.  She HATED it. Now she is afraid of elevators and that they will drop. She was crying to hard after.  I felt bad.  Right when we were standing in line she reminded me of a ride she hated at Lagoon. It's similar to this one and definitely not as bad.  I will have to get the picture from my cousin. I didn't realize I cut her out on this one and you need to see her fave. She was terrified!
Photobucket

Julie was there all the same days at Disneyland.  We finally met up and rode tower of terror together.
Photobucket

We got great seats to watch the parade
Photobucket

Photobucket
We went back to the other side and rode thunder mountain.  I think it's a definitely a favorite.
Photobucket

The bigger kids went to ride splash mountain and we took the younger ones to the ride the tea cup and alice in wonderland.
 
Photobucket

We watched another parade that Mika kept waving so enthusiastically.  It was great to see her so happy.
Photobucket
We took one final picture of the group
Photobucket

I think I loved Disneyland as much as the kids.  I hope we can go back soon. It's definitely one of the happiest places on earth!

DAY 4-- Endeavor

We checked out of the hotel the day before and went back to my Aunty's house.  It was nice to sleep in a little.  We had plans to meet up with the Larsen's one last time before they left.  My cousin Kevin got us tickets to see the space shuttle Endeavor.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

 Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket\

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we said goodbye to our friends...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't cry until we got in the car and left.  We were so glad they came to disneyland with us. We had the best time with them! We were so sad to see them go and hope they come to visit us soon.  We love their family.

We went back to Kev's house and all the adults kept falling asleep. I think four days at disneyland will do that to you.  We decided to leave and go do something. I'm not sure what it's called but the kids had a blast playing games.  Ani won a 100 tickets on the fishing game.
Photobucket

After playing games, we went to meet Tam at Cheesecake factory at Fashion Island.  She started her new job and so we weren't able to see as her as much.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got my favorite, Chicken Madeira
Photobucket

All the kiddies
Photobucket

We said goodbye to Tam since she was working the next day and we also said goodbye to Kayla since she had school.  We went back to Aunty Janice's house and started reorganizing our suitcases and trying to get each one to reach the maximum weight limit.  The next morning we packed up the cars and my dad followed Dane and I to West Covina.  We were shipping our car.  The rest of them drove with Kevin to The Grove in LA.  We met them at the mall and we saw Mario Lopez.  We tried to get a decent pic but nothing great. Oh well.


Little Kiele in her minnie mouse hat.  This is what she chose as her gift from papa and grandma.  Ani chose a rapunzel wig. Bray chose a light saber, and Mika chose a minnie mouse pillow pet.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm not sure what Bray is doing
Photobucket

We went to the food court area which HUGE and has quite the assortment of different food. I wasn't too hungry and got a crepe.  Dane and the kids age sushi.  They had every type of food there.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We did some shopping and then it was time to go to the airport.  We had a total of 9 luggages?
Photobucket

They had so much fun together
Photobucket

Saying goodbye to my parents was really, really hard. Bray was bawling.  I think both him and I were standing in the security check line crying.  Kiele's diaper was so full that it drizzled on the floor while we were standing in line.  Once we finally got to the gate, it wasn't a long wait to board.  Bray did his word find that the Fa'alafua's bought him.
Photobucket

 Amber had texted her friends to treat us well on the flight.  They gave us free meals and free movies. It was great with the kids.  Kiele was the only one crazy on the flight.  Once we landed, it was great.  Dane's sisters were waiting for us with lei's.  It was so great to finally land!
Photobucket

When we got to the house they had balloons and directions. It was so sweet.
Photobucket

Now I am only a month behind on blogging.  I can't believe we have been here for almost a month now. That is so crazy to me.  I'll get caught up on that soon.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I was so happy I checked your blog!
I loved reliving our trip. We had the best time. looks like Hawaii is good to you guys!! Miss you tons and happy you were able to come visit!hope to see you again soon! Love ya!