
I am officially thirty! I am officially a groupie too! For my birthday and Mother's Day, Dane surprised me with tickets to the Jabbawockeez show in Vegas. Dane knows how much I love them. I think my favorite shows to watch are the dancing ones. So you think you can dance and America's best dance crew.
We dropped the kids off with my mom and drove down around noon on friday. We reserved a room at the MGM (where they were performing). We got our key cards for our room and went up to drop our stuff off and as we walked into our room there were shoes on the ground and luggage on the bed. People were still staying in the room. Awkward. Luckily they weren't in at that time. We walked back down and the lady gave us a better room on a higher floor with a better view and free dinner at the buffet. We had plans to have a nice dinner but we couldn't turn down a free meal!

After dinner we went to change and see what else the hotel had to offer. They had a type of red carpet since it was opening night for the show. We heard Mary Murphy's (judge on SYTYCD) laugh before we saw her. Sean Paul, Lil Mama (she annoys me), and some of ABDC crews were there. Dane would say, "Hey, it's my wife's birthday...will you take a picture with her?" It was a lot of fun to dress up (that's dressing up for me) and have a night out. Everyone we talked to was so friendly. Jabbawockeez is definitely my favorite by far... then it would be Quest Crew/Kaba Modern, Beat Freaks, and Super Crew. Kaba Modern was the only crew not there.

Beat Freaks

D-Trix from Quest

Hok from Quest

those kids kept performing in front of the theatre. they are really good. i think they've been on both SYTYCD and ABDC
The show was REALLY good. Two junkie things were 1.) Opening night, so they had some kinks with lighting and sound to work out 2.) Little disappointed that they recycled as many dances as they did. There are new ones and I guess they recycled my favorite ones so it wasn't too bad. I would have gone the second night too if they weren't sold out and we didn't have to be back for the kids.

Super Crew is actually in the show and you can tell when they are performing because they are usually doing the flairs and head spins. After the show we went to the after party. Yup, I said I turned into a groupie! We love to dance and we had a ton of fun. We stayed out late, late!


Phi-- He might be one of my favorites. I'm trying not to look as tired as I really felt

B-Tek-- He chatted it up with us. He was really nice. He's one of my favorites too.
Morning we woke up early and went to the pool before checking out and eating sushi for lunch. Then we made the trip back home. Thanks Mom and Dad for watching the kids for us. Thank you Dane for planning this fun and quick trip. I loved it. Good Job honey.


Our Sushi Chef. He was pretty funny so we took a picture with him. He said Utah was boring but he liked the idea of having five wives. Ha...
4 comments:
i. am. so. jealous.
Soooo jealous! What a way to celebrate the big 3-0!!!
I love them too! How fun, what a fun way to bring in the Big 30 :)
That sounds so fun! Looks like you had a fabulous birthday!!
Post a Comment