it was actually hat day. it's red ribbon week at the school and the kids were able to wear their hats to school. bray wore his yankee's hat that dane loves. i think daddy wanted it more than him. bray wanted the big green m but daddy said no. his son will not be wearing a hat for that monster drink. my neighbor brings bray home from school for me and as soon as he came in the door, i knew something was wrong. he burst into tears and sobbed for a couple of minutes before he told me what happened. he got in trouble at school. some boys were making fun of his hat and he yelled, "I don't care, I love the Yankees!" His teacher walked by right then. he had to apologize for yelling to the teacher of his reading group and he had to write me a note explaining what he did. I have to sign it and send it back. At the end of his letter it says... I'm sorry. I know you will ground me. Love, Brayden. I'm obviously not going to ground him. It broke my heart to see him cry. I told him he has to not let them get to him. I know, so heartfelt. It is easier said than done. I just feel like I need to toughen him up a little but it didn't make it any easier. You instantly want to fight their battles. I had him call Dane (they are buddies) and when he hung up I asked him what daddy said. He tells me, "He said...What's their names and where do they live?" Totally sounds like Dane. Bray is the type of person that punishes himself. I'm going to write to the teacher and suggest maybe she ask Bray why he was yelling in the first place instead of reprimanding him right away . I feel like he wasn't totally in the wrong. Although, I am his mother.
I took pictures of them in their hats. They could of posed for pictures all day.
That dang yankee's hat

miss diva



ani wanted a turn holding baby too. she didn't like it much.

2 comments:
what's the teacher's e-mail address? I'm going to send her a friendly message too.....
sometimes i think the same thing too...we had an incident with Kailee just last week that wasn't her fault and she got busted for it. Ugh...Poor Bray...what a sweet kiddo though for writing that note to you.
Post a Comment