I say this every year so why stop now?! I can't believe I have an eight-year-old!! I am really starting to feel old. I can't believe that little newborn that screamed all night for the first month is now eight!
It might be all repetitive but we are so lucky to have him in our family. He's such a great kid. I know it is biased because I am his parent, but I wouldn't change a thing about him. Right now he is so nervous for his second grade dance. He says they are fake kissing in one of their dances. He's not a fan of that idea. He keeps saying that he doesn't want to dance it, but one day he was really bummed to miss practice because he was sick. Hmmm... That's in a couple of weeks so I will post pics.
Bray is a great liar. He doesn't see it as lying. He loves to joke around and sometimes 'forgets' to let us know he is kidding. I still fall for his 'jokes' all the time. It seems weird but he is very honest at the same time. If I look him straight in the eye and ask him something, I know he is telling the truth. He is pretty obedient. He's very good about letting me know which friend's house he is going to and if they decide to switch homes, he calls to let me know. The mother's of his friends say he is constantly asking the time because he doesn't want to be late when I give him a time to come home.
He has the biggest heart. I think sometimes being the oldest child, he is often the one blamed or responsible for too much. I always tell him I feel his pain since I was the oldest child. I try not to but still do it. I always expect so much more out of him. As a result he tries so hard to please us. He's kind, friendly, funny, goofy, smart, athletic, handsome, and patient. It's ok that I'm bragging because it is his birthday post!
I love this kid more than I can say. This is the year he gets a friend's party and right before he went to bed, he gave me a hug and told me thanks for arranging his fun party. He deserved it and I'm so glad he had a fun birthday. Thanks to friends and family that sent texts, did facetime, or called. I know he feels pretty special today. He felt so loved. Thank you.
He can't wait to get baptized. We are all looking forward to it.
Happy Birthday to our Brayden Ho'omalu Ryohei Ing. Our little peacemaker. I'm so grateful he is a part of our family. Love you, Bray!
No comments:
Post a Comment