Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cousin Time

Last week Wednesday we had Malakai sleep over since it was his last week in Utah. The kids wanted to spend some time with him. Sleepovers are the best! They came to watch Ani's soccer game that night. Yes, it is that time. Soccer games have begun! Ani did so well. She got in there and followed the pack. She isn't the fastest but she tried and that meant so much to me. She has been putting so much effort into everything she does. She is definitely growing up. I was so proud of her. Daddy missed her game. He was busy with work stuff. Good thing Aunty Amanda came with the boys to help cheer her on. After the game we got McDonald's. Aunty and Eli left shortly after and we had a movie night to watch Rio. I think the kids went to bed around eleven. Not too bad. Dane came home around that time and they crashed pretty quickly.

Getting ready for bed
Photobucket

In the morning we all went visiting teaching, had some lunch, and played. Malakai kept telling me he would always come back to visit me. I'm holding him to it! His parents came around six to get him. Bray had his first soccer game that night too. Daddy couldn't make it to his game either because of a work dinner. It was just the kids and I. Bray played so well. He just has the biggest smile when he plays. He loves it so much.

Saturday morning we threw my sister-in-law a surprise baby shower at Mimi's cafe. When I made the reservations the guy told me that they already had the back room reserved. So happy the other party didn't show up and we got the room pretty much to ourselves. I was in charge of the party favors. My friend Kat totally saved me with all her stuff. Plus she is crafty and I borrowed her centerpieces and a sign. Thanks, Kat! Aunty Joleen brought the balloons. It was seriously the best shower since it was at the restaurant. No clean-up or cooking and it was still so much fun. We all got there around 10:30 in the morning. My mom brought Amanda around 11 am. My mom told her we were having a girl's breakfast since our girl's weekend was chaotic and crazy with all the kids. I sat outside and waited for them to arrive. I just walked in and my mom asked if I had a table. I told her yes. We went to the back and everyone yelled surprise. She says she had no idea. Yay!

Photobucket

We ordered our food, talked, and opened gifts. I had a great time. I hope you did too, Amanda. She got some cute, cute stuff. It was so fun to have this one last party for her since we will not be there for the birth of baby girl Pane'e.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Later in the day we went to the Washington's house for Jasmine's 5th birthday. They had a bouncy house, TONS of food, and a magician. He was FANTASTIC. He was funny and the kids had a blast. Sunny gave them the best party favors and had all these sweet magic games. All night long they were saying Abracadabra. It was funny.

Photobucket

Jasmine's birthday cake. So cool.
Photobucket



We left the party early to head to dinner at Provo Towne Center. We met up with my family for dinner at Red Robin. We pretty much ate already so Dane and I just walked around the mall while they ate.

Photobucket

We went over early to my parent's house to have one last Sunday dinner together. Dane helped them finish loading the last of their stuff. We had our dinner and the Singh's arrived. Alan and Aaron were going with them to help them move in their stuff. My dad was traveling with them too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Fa'alafua's came to say goodbye too. I couldn't believe they were leaving. It was something we talked about all summer but then it was actually happening. Everyone hugged, tears were shed, and then we waved goodbye as they drove off.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Their fish hitched a ride in the back. We kept saying he would boil and die a slow death, but it survived. Ha!
Photobucket

Photobucket

After we said goodbye to Aron's parents and the Fa'alafua's, we went back in to help my mom clean-up dinner and then we headed home. Sunday dinners just won't be the same anymore. We are going to miss our Pane'e cousins so much! We wish them all the best in Washington and we can't wait to visit for Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the post, Leo. Malakai actually prays for "Bray-ani" every night (the rest of you are included, it's just easier for him to just say that. Kinda like "Brangelina" haha). He prayed for Ani extra hard when he found out about her finger.

Besides that, I hadn't cried at all since driving away from your parents' house last week....until now. We miss you guys so much.

and thanks again for all the trouble you went through for my surprise baby shower. I am so grateful!

Can't wait to see you guys during Thanksgiving. Have fun in Hawaii!