Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Our weekend

Photobucket

I feel like July went by so quickly. Just a whirlwind and it was over. Last week Dane did some traveling for work. He was gone two days. He came home Thursday night around 10:30, shopped and packed for his Uinta backpacking trip, and left to work for a couple of hours before heading up with Jo & the Singh boys. Ani and Mika didn't even see him before he left because they were sleeping when he came home and left. Ani kept wondering where he was.

On Saturday we packed for our night in Park City with my mom, Amanda, and the boys. Thanks, Mom! It was definitely crazy with three adults and six kids under the age of seven, but it was nice to get away even for a night. In the morning I went with the kids to Apple. I cracked our itouch about a week ago. I was so happy they replaced it for us. The kids kept wanting to play with it, but I was afraid the broken glass would cut them. We met up with my mom guys for lunch at Coachman's pancake in Salt Lake. I'm guessing that place has been around for a VERY long time. They kind of need to update their decor and maybe get a credit card machine. Everyone dining was probably 50 years or older. Seriously. They were probably not use to eating with so many noisy children.

After lunch we checked into our hotel and headed to TJ Maxx (my favorite store) where little Mika chan had a rare meltdown. It was pretty big too. Our first outing and I was seriously having doubts if this was a good idea. After TJ, we went to the outlets. We had the kids play at the playground to get some energy out. We bought them some pretzels and cookies and then got to shopping. It wasn't too bad. No more meltdowns and the time passed quickly. We picked up dinner at Wendy's and went back to the hotel to eat. Decided to let the kids swim for a little and by little I mean maybe 15 minutes. It was late and I was ready for bed. Ani had started feeling a little sick that morning. Just a cough, but when that girl feels ill, she has night terrors. It was a long night of her crying out every half hour.

In the morning we ate at the hotel and drove home after check-out at noon. We stopped at sizzlers for some lunch, picked up dinner stuff at Sam's Club, and got to my parent's house the same time the guys were returning from their trip. I didn't take any pictures. Shoot. Dane has pictures from his trip but we'll have to develop them. He said it was a hard hike, but had a blast with the guys. Once we get those pictures, we'll post them.

Thanks mom for this fun weekend in park city. It would of just been another boring day at the house. We did pretty good too considering...

1 comment:

Naomi Pane'e said...

Yes, I am glad we did it! It was quite an experience! Next time we'll go and leave the kids and just shop by ourselves and do some real damage! The kids did great and they had so much fun! Can't believe Jo guys are leaving soon.....