Monday, September 05, 2011

Ani's 1st day of Kindergarten

We came home from Hawaii the day before Ani started Kindergarten. We actually met with her teacher two hours after landing. She was a little tired and really shy, so her assessment didn't go as well as I thought it would. I'm glad she got to see her classroom and get some instruction before she went to her first day.

She had a really hard time waking up the first day. She was on "Hawaii" time and so it was actually around 4 in the morning for her. Her teacher said she did really well, just seemed really tired. She didn't get a good breakfast because she wouldn't wake up. I'm not even sure if she ate anything. She was half asleep.

Photobucket

She kept complaining it was bright. I wish I would of taken some at home, but like I said, we were rushing. Coming home from a trip right before school starts is not a great idea.

Photobucket
Ani with Cohen and Brynn

She is so lucky she has two of her friends in her class this year. Ani has a hard time saying Ms. Winward (her teacher this year). It might take us awhile for her to get down her name.

I just realized I have yet to take Bray's picture. Not only were Dane and I tired, we also came back sick. I'm not sure we were fully functioning the first couple days back. I'll have to take a picture of him this week and reenact his first day!

His teacher is Mrs. Hartley and he loves her.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yay! Blog posts! :) Ani looks so cute. Aww, we miss you guys so much!