Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dirty Dash 2011

My very first mud run ever. I've always wanted to do one. It just sounds like something I would enjoy. The night before it was rainy and cold. I wasn't feeling it but I had already paid. Once we started driving up there the weather was beautiful. Not hot but warm enough. It was great.

Photobucket
Our team before starting. So clean!

Photobucket
My good friend Nancy. She wasn't going to do it because of cost and difficulties with her computer, but we had someone decide not to do it that morning. We called her up and she grabbed her gear and came up with us. What a gal! I'm so glad she came.

Photobucket
We were all wonder woman! I normally wouldn't post a butt shot of me, but gotta get the whole costume. Those w's did not stay on.

Photobucket
I think less is better when doing dealing with mud. Some taped their socks up or their shoes closed. My socks kept sliding down but it didn't bother me too much.

It was a lot of fun. I didn't train or exercise for this and thought I would die. Some parts were hard but it wasn't too bad. The running was what killed me. At the end there is a big hill and I had to walk up it. slowly. The slip and slide wasn't as great as I though it would be. I practically ran down it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We paid the extra four bucks at the end for a hot shower. Even though I would have liked to stay under that water longer, it was worth it to me. By the time we finished the sun was behind some clouds and it wasn't as warm. It was so nice to clean off and get in warm clothes.

Such a fun race with these gals. I've never done one with any of them (except nancy) and I had a blast!

No comments: