Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bear Lake

This past weekend we were invited to spend the weekend up in Bear Lake with some friends. My parents watched the kids for us (THANK YOU) and we left thursday night. It was Kimmie's birthday so we met up in Logan for dinner at Frederico's. It was pretty tasty! After dinner went up to the cabin. It was the nicest cabin I have ever stayed in.

On friday we rented snowmobiles. The place said they would have a trailer for us, but they didn't. The guy told us it would only take the boys ten minutes to ride them to our cabin, it didn't. After an hour Dane finally called us and told us to meet them in an area we saw on the drive in. We got our stuff and met up with Dane and Reed. It was my first time snowmobiling and it was so much fun. We were there about an hour or two when Reed got injured. He was out with Nancy and they hit a bump at 50 mph and went flying. He came down and knocked his chin on the snowmobile. His tongue was bleeding and parts were hanging on. He also cut open his chin. Kat left to take him to the the emergency room in Logan. I think he ended up getting 12 stitches. Ouch.

We brought lunch to eat and we took turns with the snowmobiles. We also did some tubing. That was a blast. The Crowther's brought a tube that was FAST. The best part was never having to walk up that hill. We always had a snowmobile to bring us back up the hill. Best.Idea.Ever.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Reed & Dane. They tried to bring the snowmobiles to the cabin.

Photobucket

The nice long hill we went tubing on
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I went back to the cabin a little early because I wasn't feel so good. When Dane went back to the group I guess both snowmobiles ran out of gas and it was a pain to get gas and dig out the snowmobiles. Plus, I guess there was a miscommunication and Dane had to ride the snowmobile back to the rental place without a helmet. He said it was freezing.

For dinner we had Cafe Rio burritos and that night we played the newlywed game, did some dance central, and watched movies. I loved the fireplaces and drinking hot chocolate. I want to go back!

We woke up on Saturday to a blizzard outside. I know we just relaxed for most of the day. We played some pool and had competitions going. When it stopped snowing we took out the rhino and found a road to go sledding down. Some parts were icey and windy. You could really fly down it. It was so much fun. I was thinking in my head that I would never let my kids sled down roads where cars could be coming up. Luckily, no one came up the road the whole time. If you veered to the side of the roads you sometimes hit these ice boulders. Ouch. One hit my ribs and knocked the wind out of me. I thought I was going to pass out. It hurt. I don't remember it but I must have hit my right thigh. I have a huge bruise. It was so worth it. So much fun!

the rhino
Photobucket

brett and david
Photobucket

the girls...
Photobucket

We also pulled people behind the rhino. some parts had so much snow that it was just covering the person on the tube.
Brett...
Photobucket

Kat
Photobucket

Photobucket

That night we watched contagion in the theatre room and played more games. One was scum and I'm not very good at it. We also did a puzzle that day. It was missing one piece. I hate that!
Photobucket

Sunday morning we got ready to leave. We had our last pool games and left around noon. It was such a nice weekend with adults. Well, mostly adults. I forgot to mention, cute Kendall came too. She is SUCH a good baby. We had fun loving on her.
Photobucket

Crowther's left early that morning so we were missing them in this group picture.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We were pretty sad to leave the gorgeous cabin. We kept commenting on how much nicer it was than our own homes! We now have a goal of making it big and buying one of these... Anyone is welcome to come stay when we do. :)
Photobucket

It was such a great weekend. A MUCH needed break.

No comments: