Monday, February 20, 2012

Kiele's Party!

On baby girl's birthday, we were waiting around for my mom to come when I heard a knock on the door. I knew it wasn't my mom's knock and was shocked to see my nephew, Malakai, standing on my porch. I started screaming and jumping up and down. I was so excited to see them. I couldn't believe they did the drive with the kids. All in one night too. Amazing! Ani came home from school shortly after and we went to check Bray out of school to go to lunch. We had lunch at Olive Garden and it was so weird to have them here! I couldn't stop grinning.

Photobucket

They sang "Happy Birthday" to Kiele. She didn't know what to do.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was so nice having my sister-in-law here. My parents watched all the kids (half were napping) and we ran the last of the errands for the party. We walked in to Costco without a cart and ended up pushing one of those gigantic orange ones around the store. By the way, they are hard to steer.

Photobucket

That night we went to dinner at Kneaders and then went to set up at the stake center. They were running late with their games and we didn't get started until after 10. It took us just under two hours to finish. We had some great helpers that stayed late to finish. My family, Keith, the Fa'alafua's, and all my girlfriends from the ward. Thank you so much for the help!

In the morning we didn't have much to do except make the salad dressing. It was nice. My cousin, Keala, stayed the night and helped me get the girls showered and ready.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We got to the church an hour before the party started just to finish some last minute things. About 10 minutes before the party started baby decided to pee all over her new dress! Last week I asked Dane if I could order her a dress from Mauhealii. He said... Nah, no need! I decided it was her birthday and she deserved a new dress, not one her sister's wore to their parties or in their one year pictures. Well she didn't even wear that dress. Luckily, I found one we received as a gift when she was born that was too big at the time. She still looked so cute.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Our good friends, the Tanaka's, let us borrow all their stuff for the decorations. It was the greatest thing. Thank you! My friend, Kimmie, made all the sign-in scrapbook pages. They turned out so cute and I couldn't have done anything even close to it. Thanks, Kimmie!

Photobucket
My favorite thing about the decorations we borrowed, were the painted pictures of children. They were so cute.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I got the best deals this time around. When you are stuck at home all the time you can spend a lot of time on the internet searching for deals. :) We seriously got the best price on the two bouncers. The face painter and the Balloon guy were the cheapest I found and they were both SO good. Everyone kept complimenting on how quick and great their work was. I warned them there were going to be around seventy kids and they seriously kept up with the demand. They worked hard for those two hours. We gave them a nice tip. Especially the balloon guy since it was his birthday! The same friend that did the sign-in pages also did my sign. She was so afraid I would hate it. I loved it. I thought it turned out so cute.

Photobucket
This was the more popular bouncy house. We kept hearing adults laughing and giggling inside.

Photobucket
I'm not a very creative person. We often choose a centerpiece that is a good price and people can take them home and use them, eat it, or drink it. I keep it simple and only because I don't have the skills to make it cool.

Photobucket
We made seventy gift bags and did a good job getting rid of them all. In the past I usually forget to hand them out and I end up bringing them all home.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The food: From the beginning I knew we had to cater this time around. I knew it would be too hard getting everything together and it would just stress me out. We searched around for caterers and ended up going with one that Dane's company uses once in awhile. He gave us a great deal and the food was pretty good. They supplied the fried rice, noodles, teriyaki steak, bbq chicken, and mac salad. My mom made the Kalua pig, I made a chinese chicken salad, and we made some regular rice too. It turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. Although the only bummer was that they got a ticket on the way to the party and were a little late. Oh well, it worked out just fine. For dessert we had two guava sheet cakes and a chocolate haupia cake from Ikaika. The food was so easy this time around. I loved it!

Photobucket
With only one person doing around 60+ people (I saw some adults jumping in line!) for face painting, she was seriously cranking them out. I thought she did a great work.

Even Kiele stayed still for some painting...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Bray was so happy to spend time with Kaimani. He misses him...ALOT.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The balloon guy was making some crazy things. I didn't get pictures of the umbrella he was making. I think he impressed a lot of people. He made intricate things very quickly. Kids kept coming back for more. I noticed the butterfly wings and umbrella's were a big hit with the kids.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We had a slipper piƱata that the kids took a swing at and my dad brought his rocket stuff. We kept having to tell them to face the rockets up. The poor face painter kept getting hit. Aaron and Alan brought a tray of chicken katsu. It went fast. It must have been good. Thanks guys.

Photobucket

Photobucket
My brother guys surprised a lot of people at the party

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Someone on this table started drinking my centerpiece. Hmmm....

Photobucket
Our old neighbors, the Hatch's, came from northern Utah to attend. It was so nice to see them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Dane was trying to be a part of the group

Photobucket
The Larsen's! We kids all the same age. They've already hit us up to combine grad parties. :)

Photobucket
Our good friends, daughter, Nya Laing, sang a song for Kiele. She is only ten and is very talented. Everyone was very impressed. She did such an AMAZING job. I enjoyed listening to it so much I forgot to take a video. If I find a video and her parents say it is okay, I will post it.

Photobucket
Kiele did not like the cake. She wouldn't even try a bite. She started to cry and we just took her out. I don't know if it was because of all the attention and 175 people singing to her or what? She was my first child to not dig in and go crazy.

Photobucket
Baby Keilani was pooped out. I love her.

We got the place cleaned up so quickly with everyone's help. I love our family and friends. Our home is a disaster! We have piles of stuff to sort through. It's the part I hate the most. After we came back from the party, we ate some more and opened gifts. She scored. Thank you everyone! The best part about these parties is being able to see family and friends you don't get to see often. It's fun to eat food and talk story. Thanks to everyone that came and made her birthday a great one. Love you all!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another 1st birthday done. So glad it is the last. Love you baby girl.

2 comments:

chingchong7 said...

So so so so good to see you and your cute family! Thanks for the invite Leo!! The party was super cute! Good job!! I'm calling you when I need party tips!

Erica said...

I am so so sad we were unable to swing by. It looked amazing! You are super woman. My kids would have loved it and it would have been fun for them all to meet. Sorry we missed out but glad she had a great bday.