Thursday, July 05, 2012

Catching up

Summer seems to be flying by, poor kids. At least were enjoying every day.  We've been busy.

For my dad's birthday dinner we went to Ruby River.  It's been awhile since we've gone.  It was yummy.  Especially my creme brûlée.

Photobucket

We've been to our local pool A LOT...

Photobucket

Photobucket

cutie Kendall and Jamie

Photobucket

The Saturday before Father's Day my parents watched all the kids while Dane and I were able to hang out.  I made plans with Kim to surprise Adam and Dane with some Ifly in Ogden.   I didn't tell him anything except to keep driving North.  Surprisingly, he didn't ask much question.  At one point he asked if we were going to Logan.  We met up at a Japanese restaurant we found on yelp.  The funny part was sitting at our table when Adam and Kim tried to come through the wrong door.  Dane looked up and was like...What are they doing here?  We enjoyed some good food and drove them to the Ifly.  Kim surprises Adam with something fun every Father's Day.  He's done skydiving and bungee jumping off a bridge.  The guys had a blast.  Adam said he liked it a little more because you don't have someone strapped to your back and you can do it on your own.  Dane now says he would like to go skydiving.  Says the man afraid of heights...

Photobucket

Photobucket

The best part was the instructor showing us his tricks at the end.  He was AMAZING!  After we were through we went to play some basketball in the arcade area.  Dane dominated everyone.

Photobucket

Dane's free shirt
Photobucket

For Father's Day we made Dane some breakfast.  I guess it was good because he ate it all.
Photobucket

The kids gave him their gifts
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love the part where Bray's says his favorite thing is to go golfing on Sunday. Ha!
Photobucket

Daddy and the kids
Photobucket

Photobucket

Church was great.  I had to teach relief society that day.  I was very glad to have that over! After church we came home to play some basketball with rolled up socks. Here's a pic of the kids lining up for daddy to take a shot.

Photobucket

My brother and his family came in the day before so they came with my parents to dinner at our house. We ate chicken, steak, ahi poke, corn on the cob, watermelon, salad, and gyoza.  The food was ono.

We gave my dad his father's day gift in a victoria secret bag
Photobucket

We finished the day with a walk around our neighborhood and some dessert.  The kids had popsicles on the porch.

Photobucket

We also visited with our favorite neighbors
Photobucket

Our little Deina was married during the week.  Can I just say how gorgeous she looked and how happy the both of them were.  I love weddings!  It was so cute to just see him gazing at her across the altar.  they are just the cutest couple.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the sealing we went to Burger Supreme for lunch with the Fa'alafua's and Dustin.  Later that night we went to their outdoor reception close to their home.  My favorite part was Deina doing the Taualaga.  I think everyone else did a Hula.

Photobucket

Aunty Mereanne was really getting into it too
Photobucket

Photobucket

The dance at the end was fun too.  I don't think Mika every came off the dance floor. She just kept dancing with Andrew, the groom.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What a fun wedding!

That weekend we had a sleepover at our house.  I think the last one we had was five years ago?  It was long overdue.  We now have a lot more kids and a more spouses.  We made smores over the fire pit until late.  I put the kids down just before midnight and when I came back down I made them all come back inside since they were loud.  We watched some funny youtube videos, played dance central (girls won by the way), trumps, and pounce.  I think we went to bed around 5 in the morning.  It was so hard waking up at 8 in the morning.  The boys were all going to play softball and support Dane's Elder's Quorum activity.  Dani went to work at 6 in the morning.  Sach had a hair appointment at 10.  I think the last of everyone left around 3 pm.  I was sooo tired.  I'm not young anymore!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Since the Fa'alafua's had paper route, everyone squeezed on the floor in the living room on our foam pads.

Photobucket


Bray was chosen by his coach to be on the 8-year old all-star team.  His coach was Tim Parker and he was a nice guy.  They played three games against the other all-star team and they lost the first game.  won the second.  The final game was really close (we only won by one) and we came back for the win.  It was such a fun game and we had family come out to support all his games. Thanks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Following the last game they gave out trophies to all the teams.  Bray was one happy kid.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bray had a lot of fun playing this year.  I think he's hooked!

This summer, fires have been running rampant in our state.  It's been sad.  Homes have been lost and it's all because of poor choices.  The other day I was helping my neighbor pack their things and I came in the house for ten minutes and walked out to this...

Photobucket

A half hour later we went to drop off books at the library and it was quickly spreading

Photobucket

I think the evacuation order has been lifted and the only property loss was a barn.  Thank goodness.  Fires are really scary.

Last week we went to a friend's baptism.  There were three from our ward.  The mom of one of the kids sent me bray's testimony card to her son that was baptized.  She said it was the best one he got.  I just had to laugh.

Photobucket


1 comment:

Andrea said...

You guys sure know how to have fun!! Looks like a fun summer so far!!