Thursday, July 05, 2012

Happy Fourth!

We tried something new this year.  Our kids have never been to a real parade. How sad is that?!  When I told them we were going to a parade they thought we were going to watch it on TV.  The night before we were at a friend's house enjoying their cool and expensive fireworks.  Dane planned to go down to Provo and save us a spot at midnight with a coworker.  His friend called around 10 to say that people were already claiming spots and he should hurry.  Dane left to take our stuff and I don't think I got the kids to bed until after midnight.  I woke them up bright an early at five am to get ready.  We picked up my cousin Keala on the way and took breakfast to Dane and his friend.  Then we parked by the hospital to see the hot air balloons.  The kids loved it!  Bray has seen the hot air balloons but for the rest of the kids it was a first.

Dane chose the best spot for us the watch the parade.  When the sun rose and right about the time the parade started, we had shade the entire time and when it is 97 degrees outside, it makes a huge difference.  The Akana's were parked a little farther down from us and they came by the say hi.  We had our neighbor friends with us.  It was a lot of fun.  Nancy and Reed sure make things funny.  I started to feel sick that morning and by the time we had family coming over for dinner, I wasn't feeling so hot.  Dinner was still fun with games and some dance central.  By the time that was done...I was positive I had stomach flu.  A day later and I still feel sick.  I hate stomach flu!

Ani & Mika's favorite balloon
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bray's favorite was smokey the bear
Photobucket

I liked the coca cola one but they never took off
Photobucket

Our set up at the parade

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids were a little sleepy from waking up so early
Photobucket

Brooke & Ihi joined us
Photobucket

Dinner was so good. I was sad I couldn't fully enjoy it being sick and all
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It ended up being a pretty long day, especially with being sick all night.  It was still such a fun holiday.  I think the parade and seeing all the servicemen really made me appreciate the freedoms I have.  We're so blessed to be Americans!

1 comment:

Shellby said...

I can't believe you have to get a spot for the parade the night before! That's a crazy "only in Utah" thing for sure!