My birthday was this past Wednesday. It was a great birthday and very exciting, to say the least. Dane got off work early to take me to dinner at the Market Street Grill. It was very yummy and filling. Dane had invited friends and family over for some cake and ice cream that evening.
About an hour into the party, Kahai came running up the stairs saying Bray was having a seizure. I was the first to get down to him and it was probably one of the scariest moments for me. His eyes were rolled back and his body was twitching. I screamed for someone to call 911 and my first instinct was to carry him to the car and take him myself to the hospital. I just didn't know what to do. Dane took him from my arms and at that moment my dad and James came down the stairs. They told us what to do, while Sunny was on the phone with 911.
Bray had a febrile seizure. Common in younger children and usually harmless. His was caused by a spike in his fever. His xrays showed that he had some build-up in his lungs. They thought it was pneumonia, but not really sure. They put him on anitbiotics. At the check-up, our doctor told me that since his fever wasn't very high and he is a little older than usual, he felt we should have an EEG just to be safe. He will probably have to be drugged again so he will stay still. He just had that MRI on his heart about six months ago and was put under. Poor kid. The doctor did say that it most likely won't occur ever again.
Bray doesn't really remember what happened. He is back to normal and happy as can be. He is taking his medicine like a real champ and after two nights of sleeping with mommy and daddy, he is back in his own bed. Such an independant child.
I will always remember this birthday. I'm just glad that it wasn't something serious and that everything is fine. I feel confident that if it ever happened again, I will know what to do and won't feel so helpless. We really appreciated all the support from our family and friends. Thank you for loving our Bray so much.
2 comments:
Oh Leo, that is so scary! I'm glad he's ok and that it wasn't anything permanent. I would have been terrified too. Give him a hug from us.
That is really scary!! Glad to hear that it's not likely to happen again.
Post a Comment