Sunday, January 14, 2007

And it continues...

Ani isn't a fan of solids. She didn't like her rice cereal and now throws her head from side to side every time she sees a spoon coming at her. So I'll try again another time.

We are still doing the potty training. I was ready to give up the first day. We had six accidents by the time Dane walked through the door that evening. By some miracle, he went twice that night, before bed, on the toilet. We were so excited!

The next morning he went that morning and then it was downhill from there. It wasn't till that night when Dane came home that he started to tell us when he had to go. The same thing happened the following day, which was dane's birthday. I tried using the fact that Mason and Tyler were coming over that night to encourage him. By 1 o'clock I had gotten nothing done, due to scrubbing the carpet all day, and finally put him in pull ups.

Saturday we only had one accident. He went for the first time in a public restroom. We were so proud. He is doing so much better. It went from seven accidents the first day to only one on Saturday. Today we have had two accidents but he is still doing so much better. He even woke up dane last night because he had to go. So I hope it gets better and better this week. I started to think that he was doing well only when dane is home. I guess we will find out tomorrow when dane is back at work.

I resorted to trying some things from that article. The second night we tried the aiming at cheerios. We didn't have cheerios so we improvised with Lucky Charms. He liked it but the fascination with it ended that night. The next day he wasn't interested. We are now bribing him with lollipops every time he goes. It works but that means he is having more sugar. Yikes! Whatever works, I guess. I think he will master this soon.

1 comment:

Sachiyo said...

Oh tell Dane that I say Happy Birthday! I was so sad to miss you guys during the Holidays. Your kiddos look so big! I can't believe it. Rosie is attempting to potty train Aidyn right now, so we know how you feel. Some days she does really good and other days it's like she's never seen a toilet before...oi...good luck with the potty training!